Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPVC Strip Lock

• 02-01-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Mine is broken :( The interior handle no longer works and as far as I can make out the metal has worn on the interior mechanism. I rang B&Q and they don't have any in stock. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a replacement strip lock? or do I need the whole strip lock? is it modular?

I'm also a novice at DIY and have never replaced this kind of lock before. I have however watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWVXn8RKR8k

The video looks clear and I'm sure I can do this. Is there anything else I should look out for? Are all strip locks the same? different sizes maybe? Is putting on the replacement strip lock fiddly? or does it just screw in? Thanks in advance for any advice offered! It's much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

I used Mila its a place in the kilbarrack industrial estate, very cheap but id phone first make sure they have part, 8390589.. i fitted mine very easy yes women can do everything. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Ring Mila (01-8390402) & ask for an espag. This is what the lock mechanism is called. You need to measure the length & they will have a replacement in stock. It shouldn't cost more than €10. You may need a new window handle also as the spindle may have been damaged also.

Advertisement