Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant play fifa online with bro in law but can everyone else?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help. I recently got O2 Hotshot broadband and my husband can now play his friends online fifa12 but when he tries to connect to bro in law the connection keeps failing even though both parties remain connected to the internet and both can play against others but just not each other....can anyone tell me how i can fix this or why this is happening?

NB: my laptop cannot connect to the internet using a wireless, i have to plug the modum into the usb port for a connection. Would this be a contributing factor to the above prob?

Anyway thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tobehonestwithy

Hi. Can you Bro-In-Law play online against others? Sounds like he might need to open up/forward his ports & updgrade his NAT Type to 1 or 2 just to be able to play.

There is some good Youtube videos out there explaining this. I cant look now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just to echo what tobehonestwithy said id say that the ssue is that neither of you two has ports open and as a result neither of you can be host of a game. I had this issue but once the ports openedup the issue was gone.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I think you need a divorce, that will solve the issue, he will no longer be the brother in law ! I think there are youtube videos on how to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 petite85

Option 3 seems like a winner hahaha!

Many thanks for the replies I hope they can sort it out soon as they wrecking my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Hi I had the same problem and this worked for me. Copied and pasted from o2 forum from my post there.

ok. for anyone that wants to try this. got it back to moderate.

Go to hotshot, security, settings, special applications.

Next to open ports click add and then do the following one by one

tcp 80
    tcp443
    tcp4223

udp3478
    udp3479
    udp3658

under the heading name put anything you want. i called it psn, it dosnt matter

so for example the first line should look like this.

psn on 80 tcp tcp 80

click apply when done. Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Ok i logged out there and when i signed back in im strict nat again. Would appreciate any suggestions anyone mite have, im at my wits end. Ive tried everything i could find via google and no joy. Never had this problem with the old 02 stick only with hotshot

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone figure this out yet? I renewed my contract with 02 yesterday and they gave me the newer version of the hotshot. But now I am gone to nat type 3. Before this I was nat 2 with the older version of the hotshot (that I got when I first joined 18 months ago). Can anyone help, I've no idea why this would suddenly change and I've done everything from putting in DMZ to opening ports

Advertisement