Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best applied maths book

• 02-01-2012 8:11pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭

hey can anyone enlighten me to which app. maths book is the best. i will be doing the subject mostly on my own so which book is the best for this sort of learning.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shlong

Well we use one called 'Fundamental Applied Maths'... a brown one made during the famine i'd say. :confused: It's basic enough (probably won't prepare you quite enough for exam questions like) but the wording in questions in other books is unnecessarily confusing compared to it. Good worked examples etc :) hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭bren2001

Fundamental Applied Math by Oliver Murphy. Horrible brown book as mentioned above. You will find it VERY difficult to do the course by yourself unless your very very good a maths. I'd advise at least getting a grind a week in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I'll echo Fundamental Applied Maths, out of curiosity has anybody used the new edition?

I did AM last year by myself and got an A1. The main advice I'd have is aim to get the bulk of the course done by the start of sixth year, keep an open mind to the questions (I did 4,5,6,7,8,10 on the day), be prepared to do a good bit of practice, and make sure that you don't let your other subjects fall behind.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

and out of interest how did you do in the lc in the other subjects? also what are you doing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

The best book if you're going alone is definitely the applied maths book by dominick donnelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 wow30303

Does anyone know how to get their hands on Dominick Donnelly's Applied Maths textbook for Leaving Cert?

Advertisement