Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport for a stag do, any suggestions?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I have to organise a stag for Westport. It'll be on the last weekend in February or the first weekend in March.

Has anyone got any suggestions on things to do, places to stay, where we should drink etc?

I'm gonna start researching it later on tonight, when I get back from football. But I thought I'd post this in here and see if anyone could give me any ideas before I started.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Good few threads on this already.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

thanks.

Found them after coming back from football. I didn't do any searching, just thought I'd throw the thread up and search later, if I hadn't received any replies when I came home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Hi great facilities and welcme for stags and hens in Westport. Book rooms early. Some local people have e put up extensive posts on this board already. if you still have queries after reading those pls post them here.

Enjoy

You could also cycle or walk some of the Westport Achill Greenway. If time is limited imho Newport Mulranny about 10 miles is the most scenic portion. The bike hiire companies will usually colllect bikes at end of stage.

It's bad enough that I don't drink, but if I start suggesting the other lads go out on a cycle, rather than go to the pub, then I'm just looking to have my áss kicked.

A good deal of us will have all played rugby together, I'd imagine paintballing (which I must make further enquiries about) and going to the bar and back will be the most exercise most of these lads will opt for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

If you are up for some adventure then how about here?

http://www.delphimountainresort.com/adventure.10.html

When is the stag party? There are different festivals in Westport throughout the year but can't advise you till we have an idea of when you're coming west.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    If you are up for some adventure then how about here?

http://www.delphimountainresort.com/adventure.10.html

When is the stag party? There are different festivals in Westport throughout the year but can't advise you till we have an idea of when you're coming west.

Thanks, just having a look at that now. Gonna have to find out the numbers of people going to this thing.

It'll be the end of february or the 1st week in march, at the latest. Some matches on the first couple of weekends in Feb, so it'll not be then. I'd imagine it'll either be the weekend of the 25th or the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

Hi,

Just wondering if there's any other suggestions for activities in the Westport area? I'm organising a stag there next month, for a group of about 15-20 lads. We've had enough of paintball and Go-Karting - have done those too many times at stags before, so that's not really an option.
    And we're not exactly the fittest group of lads ever, so I don't think the Delphi activity centre would be our thing:)

Any suggestions?

See previous threads

Walk or cycle part of the Greenway

Day trip Achill Island ( by land ) or Clare Island ( by sea )

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

we did this once: http://www.killaryadventure.com/en.html

great day out and then back into Westport afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Hi,

Just wondering if there's any other suggestions for activities in the Westport area? I'm organising a stag there next month, for a group of about 15-20 lads. We've had enough of paintball and Go-Karting - have done those too many times at stags before, so that's not really an option.
    And we're not exactly the fittest group of lads ever, so I don't think the Delphi activity centre would be our thing:)

Any suggestions?
    How about a boat trip or horseriding/trecking?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

thekooman wrote: »
    we did this once: http://www.killaryadventure.com/en.html

great day out and then back into Westport afterwards.
    Yeah Killary Adventure Centre is fantastic, great views from upstairs!

Advertisement