Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad 2 query relating to PAYG

• 02-01-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Is is possible to buy prepaid credit for surfing the net on my iPad without having to tie myself into a long term deal or have to buy 'x' amount of credit per month?

If so could someone post me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

the only way i see is to get a prepay micro sim and say its for an iphone and top it up in phone and just use it in the ipad, emobile, o2 and vodafone charge 99c per day for upto 50mb. meteor charge 69c per day for upto 50mb

remember though that it doesnt matter if you just check an email, any internet use will incur the standard charge for 50mb with each network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

guil wrote: »
    the only way i see is to get a prepay micro sim and say its for an iphone and top it up in phone and just use it in the ipad, emobile, o2 and vodafone charge 99c per day for upto 50mb. meteor charge 69c per day for upto 50mb

remember though that it doesnt matter if you just check an email, any internet use will incur the standard charge for 50mb with each network

So do I only get charged on a day that I use the sim?

For instance if I have the sim for 30 days but only use it on 5 days does it cost me 5 x 69c with meteor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

yes, if you get a prepay iphone sim
    don't mention an ipad at all when you're getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I use the 3 payg. It's a €5 for 500mb for 30 days. You can pay more and get more.

It's basicly an add on. So you top your sim up. Then add the "add on"

I find this the cheapest and best option for me.

It has been discussed Here Before. But Handy to talk about it again. If a better option has come up.

Advertisement