Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found, Tubbercurry

Options
  • 02-01-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

381146_10150480749985889_169411475888_8861252_435330621_n.jpg

Male Bull Breed, not neutered and not yet checked for a MC, found in Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo. He is in bad shape and followed the lady home from a shop :(. Do you know who owns him? Have you seen him before? Any info appreciated, please reply here or PM me, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Have you tried Lost and found on the animal section? Also Sligo Animal Rescue? Poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

None of the rescues in Sligo have kennels. I find this really hard to believe but it's the truth :(. If he goes to the Pound then he will be pts'd. I have no room and am full to bursting. Finder took him to vet today, he is not chipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

EGAR wrote: »
    None of the rescues in Sligo have kennels. I find this really hard to believe but it's the truth :(. If he goes to the Pound then he will be pts'd. I have no room and am full to bursting. Finder took him to vet today, he is not chipped.

no kill policy here http://www.leitrimanimals.com/

looks like he is at home on the couch:)

We were told by the Sligo dog warden that they never put any dogs down. We got our lad from there.
    The sad thing is there was a place near us left to the SSPCA and it's just left empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

magnumlady wrote: »
    We were told by the Sligo dog warden that they never put any dogs down. We got our lad from there.
    The sad thing is there was a place near us left to the SSPCA and it's just left empty.

Think they used to have a policy of putting all dogs on the restricted breeds list down, not sure if that's still in place as my cousin adopted a rottweiler from them less than a year ago, asked on their facebook page but of course got no answer. If so then this little guy would probably be put down just because he's the wrong breed. :(

Shared this on facebook. I remember seeing a found ad for a staffy x in sligo town but I think he could have been tan and white.

• Advertisement

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Think they used to have a policy of putting all dogs on the restricted breeds list down, not sure if that's still in place as my cousin adopted a rottweiler from them less than a year ago, asked on their facebook page but of course got no answer. If so then this little guy would probably be put down just because he's the wrong breed. :(

Shared this on facebook. I remember seeing a found ad for a staffy x in sligo town but I think he could have been tan and white.

They had a Japanese Akita when we went there. The dog warden said he was waiting to find the right person to take the dog. So I don't think they do put them down....as far as I know they try and find owners that have experience with the particular dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

magnumlady wrote: »
    They had a Japanese Akita when we went there. The dog warden said he was waiting to find the right person to take the dog. So I don't think they do put them down....as far as I know they try and find owners that have experience with the particular dogs.

That's good to know, they must have changed their policy so. According to this article from 2008 http://www.sligoborough.ie/News/NewsArchives/Name,8780,en.html they have a policy of not rehoming restricted breeds, also on their facebook page written on march 2011 they say 'as long as a dog is healthy and is not a restricted breed under the Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 we will do our utmost to re-home it'. :confused:
    Good to know they try to match people with experience of these breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Finder was told by the warden that the dog would be pts'd and not even considered for re-homing which is why she called me.

I have gotten him sorted and he will come here once I have room again.

Advertisement