Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa 163 , Bussiness Owner .

Options
  • 02-01-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all ,
    Has anybody had any experience of applying for the Austrailan Bussiness Visa ,
    State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner Subclass 163 .
    Western Austraila , Perth .
    If so how long did it take and what hassle did you have ?
    Cheers ,
    Teepee .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Hi Teepee,

I am familiar with the 163 visas for Australia asd I have successfully lodged a number of these visas for people so I am equipped to answer your questions.

Firstly be aware that the 163 is a provisional visa - you will need to apply for permanent residency at a later stage when you have your business extablished in AUstralia and show that you are of benefit to their economy - e.g. hiring 2 AUstralian people.

You need state approval and different states have different requirements for this. Some states require a business plan and forecast. This requires a good bit of research on your part.

Then when you have the state approval, you need to apply for the visa application itself. As you may be aware, there are various criteria that need to be met - the main ones being the level of your personal and business assets that you can transfer within the first 2 years, the turnover levels for 2 of the last 4 years of your existing comopany , your age and other factors. you can find the criteria on www.immi.gov.au

You need to be carefiul when asking about timeframes.
    IMMIGRATION TIMEFRAMES SHOULD ONLY BE EVER USED AS A GUIDELINE

The timeframe for the state varys from state to state but you mentioned WA so the state approval for this state is fast - I get approvals through within 4 weeks. The timeframe visa part of the application currently takes about 6 months for my 163 business visa applications.

Hope this is of some help
    Declan Clune

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Thanks Declan ,
    That is great information :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

No problem Teepee.
    Let me know if you have other questions.

Declan Clune

Advertisement