Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Top Button Look

• 02-01-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Anyone know where the top button look comes from..im just curious as i wear it like that and was wondering where it started?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Essex

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

really?is that true..where and how do you know that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Wasn't this thread on before?

It's a mod-inspired style, coming through from the bands in the 60s (eg The Who), went through some of the subcultures in the 70s/80s (see This is England 86), football casuals before they went all Burberry, I have a recollection of Liam Gallagher wearing it in the 90s, some of it as far as I remember got picked up in the hipster crowd (ironically?) in Shoreditch/Hoxton early 2000s (more shirts than polos), more recently probably some bands I'm too old to know, bit of Cook from Skins, bit of Essex lad in there for sure (feeding back to the football casuals perhaps)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Mods

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

Allright cool,cheers for the feedback twas just wondering

• Advertisement
Advertisement