Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Box Games

Options
  • 02-01-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

What games can i get for my xbox- dont really do the live thing (although im not opposed to the idea). Games that i like are

Mafia II
    Assassins
    Batman

Also, my GF is always giving out that there is no games that we can play together? any non-shooty mulitplayer games that are a bit of a laugh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

What games can i get for my xbox- dont really do the live thing (although im not opposed to the idea). Games that i like are

Mafia II
    Assassins
    Batman

Also, my GF is always giving out that there is no games that we can play together? any non-shooty mulitplayer games that are a bit of a laugh!

You could get kinect and kinect sports :) theres lots of good games to keep her happy. Hasbro family game night is OK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Get gears of war 3, she'll love chainsawing people.

And like evolutionqy7 said, kinect would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You could get kinect and kinect sports :) theres lots of good games to keep her happy. Hasbro family game night is OK too.

Judging by the OP's username, he's gonna need more than Kinect to keep her happy

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

yeah kinnect is an option but was thinking more about just games-

with gears of war and all them, is it better to get the first one and play them all or just junp straight into number 3??

EnterNow wrote: »
    Judging by the OP's username, he's gonna need more than Kinect to keep her happy

indeed but that would imply that i am talking about myself in the 3rd person.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

indeed but that would imply that i am talking about myself in the 3rd person.....

Relax, it's a bit of light humour is all :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Relax, it's a bit of light humour is all :)

exactly- i was enjoying the back and forth banter!

anyway enternow, you seem to be a man in the know, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

with gears of war and all them, is it better to get the first one and play them all or just junp straight into number 3??

I'd say just jump straight into number 3. If you like it then you could probably get the other 2. It is fun playing gears 3 with a friend.

You could try some racing games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I love the left for dead games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I wish i could get my missus to play portal 2 with me, she'd bloody like it too. She'll only go near the xbox for kinect and to watch films.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Maybe you can try Ilo Milo. Some great co-op puzzles there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Halve_ZOL wrote: »
    Maybe you can try Ilo Milo. Some great co-op puzzles there.

Some of them where real head scratchers for me.

Well just from my own experience my gf refuses to play anything on the Xbox unless its kinect sports ;)

The only game she ever played with the controller was Lego Batman (got it with a controller) with my lil brother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

An x girlfriend of mine used to love playing Halo 3, in game co - op being her favourite although she did start playing online aswel.

Fight Night round 4 is pretty easy to get the hang of and im sure she would love to try knock you out.

Portal is generally a game girls enjoy.

Kinect is great craic aswel, especially when the replays come up as they love looking at themselves in action... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

The best thing you can do is shop around, head into shops like Game and GameStop and ask what they would recommend for you. Do a bit of light researching online aswell for the two of you.

There are tonnes of great co-op games out there, and even if she's not into shooting things, there are also great games available on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

You're always going to get mixed reviews from people you talk to, however if you both take the time to sift through Xbox LIVE Arcade, you may both find a game that suits both of you to sit down and play. As evolutionqy7 suggested, Hasbro Family Game Night is great for that, but again it all boils down to what you both want. :)

theteal wrote: »
    I wish i could get my missus to play portal 2 with me, she'd bloody like it too. She'll only go near the xbox for kinect and to watch films.

My son and husband got me into xbox games by getting me Zuma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

OP that is a hell of a mature username btw :rolleyes:

deelite wrote: »
    My son and husband got me into xbox games by getting me Zuma :D

If I got my gf Zuma or other fitness game id get a slap lol.

Might as well just get the biggest looser USA game then :D

Meesared wrote: »
    OP that is a hell of a mature username btw :rolleyes:

indeed it is- dont u just hate it when people use public forums for private jokes :D

• Advertisement

is that an actual game???? you solved all my problems!!!! :D

BTW thanks everyone for the help- keep it coming.

For myself i got the 1st assassins cheap on adverts as well as LA noire and gonna try to get Batman- both arkham games-just cos batman is unreal!!!

As for her portal looks like a decent shout- do you have to solve puzzles and stuff in it- and she likes boardgames so the hasbro one is a good shout

thanks to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lincminus

play the Portal 1 or 2

it is more puzzle game but need to think.

i guess it is good for guys and girls :)

or~

plants vs Zombies

Feeding Frenzy

Tannis game ( i forgot the name.. spin tannis? virtur tannis?)

Tekken.

Zuma isn't a fitness game it's a puzzle gamey thing with coloured balls it's veery good.

deelite wrote: »

Zuma isn't a fitness game it's a puzzle gamey thing with coloured balls it's veery good.

Sorry misread :)

Thought it was this

Zumba for kinect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAR-STNXNkc

Advertisement