Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxidermy

• 02-01-2012 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a stuffed woodcock and partridge. Must be in excellent condition with life like appearance. Would ideally like to swap with some other birds but I will buy straight also.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

pm'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

any interest in a 30lb pike:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

bazza888 wrote: »
    any interest in a 30lb pike:D

Might be your lucky day Bazza..!! I know a lad, thats good mates with a chap that just bought a country pub and is trying to get some old/vintage fishing gear to decorate it- Id say a stuffed pike would look well.

How much you looking? I'll pass the message on for ya. Providing of course Moby isnt interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

Thanks for the PM Gonzor. I'm not really into the Fish Bazza. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

moby30 wrote: »
    Thanks for the PM Gonzor. I'm not really into the Fish Bazza. Thanks anyway.

Would you travel as far as county Kerry for what you require. I got a pheasant mounted recently by a man in listowel, his work is great! He also did a grey squirrel lately in a presentation case and it's jaw dropping how good it looks. He's an a1 fella too. Mail me if your interested Moby

• Advertisement

Thanks Hunter21. Just sent a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

If you buy something make sure the paperwork is right
    afaik you need some type of dealers licence to sell taxidermy.

FOXHUNTER1 wrote: »
    If you buy something make sure the paperwork is right
    afaik you need some type of dealers licence to sell taxidermy.
    As far as I'm aware the only paperwork you need is if you are getting a protected species stuffed or selling one on. It must be signed by a ranger to say how you came across it and that it was not killed illegally. Theres a lot of stuff being openly sold on done deal and especially eBay without any paperwork but I stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

As far as I'm aware the only paperwork you need is if you are getting a protected species stuffed or selling one on. It must be signed by a ranger to say how you came across it and that it was not killed illegally. Theres a lot of stuff being openly sold on done deal and especially eBay without any paperwork but I stand to be corrected.

I'm only going by what I was told by a taxidermist lately.

No problem Foxhunter. I wasnt havin a go or anything I'm actually trying to find out for sure myself to be on the safe side.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

jayus id love a 30lb pike on the mantle !! only kind of fishing I do is for pike !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

id love it on the mantle too but unless i divorce herself over it:D it wont be there anytime soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭J.R.

The taxidermist needs a Wildlife Dealer's Licence issued by NPWS if mounting protected species.

If you are selling on a mounted protected species you don't need any paperwork.....provided it was mounted by a taxidermist with a licence.....the paperwork is already in place with the taxidermist who keeps a record which is annually checked by the NPWS Ranger before licence is re-issued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭eireshot

Only Licensed Wildlife dealers can sell protected wild animals and birds
    (Including parts or derivatives), here in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement