Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creamy white wine and Garlic Sauce

Options
  • 02-01-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Trying to find a nice recipe for this. Had a go tonight. Turned out ok but not great. I basically fried up onions,mushrooms and garlic,added white wine,reduced,stock and cream but still not what I'm after. I used a decent wine.

Any have any other recipes for this sauce??? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I'd also like to know the secret of this. Mine turns out ok tasting and not very appealing looking!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I do something similar. I fry onions and garlic (LOADS of it), add white wine, reduce almost completely, add cream and season and reduce a bit again. It's usually quite nice. I don't bother with stock if I use wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Bring some milk and a knob of butter to the boil, just as it starts to rise, add in some cornflour mixed in with a little cold milk and then you can add whatever you like, wine etc. Its does away with Roux, Burre manie etc as a thickener and less fattening than cream. Next day the sauce does not break down either.
    Its basically an unsweetened Blanc Mange with butter.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Advertisement