Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem importing from after effects to sony vegas 9

Options
  • 02-01-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi

The other day i tried to import a twixtored clip for AE but as soon as it hit sony vegas an error message came up and vegas crashed.

I have tried to import it into vegas 11 but same error.

I had previously twixtored a clip the previous day and that went in fine.

Here some pics of my AE render settings

IComposition settings.JPG

render settings.JPG

render settings 2.JPG

rendersettings 3.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

hmmm...
    I see you've selected H264 Baseline profile with a level of 5.1 which should really imply a high profile.
    Vegas could be throwing a hissy-fit over a non-standard profile/level choice.

Reduce the level to 4.0 or lower (could be 3.0 for baseline) or increase profile to High and see what happens.

Some tips too ;)
    High Profile 5.1 is much better than Base Profile as you get to use both B and P Frames to improve the accuracy of the motion prediction in the codec. So use this as much as you can or look to use something with less compression than H264.

For H264 - a VBR bit rate is much better to use than a CBR (which is what you have selected) UNLESS you plan to stream it live... The benefit is largely down to the GOP structure used, but think of it this way... every second you have 59 frames.. If you select a CBR of 14Mbps that means the codec will only give you 233kbps for each frame (more or less). The way H264 works is you have I frames which are your reference image, and then P and B frames which contain motion vectors. I frames require the most data, while P and B frames typically require a lot less (unless there is a lot of movement) - so if you constrain to CBR your I frame will drop a lot of information to fit within the datarate window, even though you can afford to drop more data in the P and B frames. So if you do a VBR of say 20Mbps, you can allow much more data in the I frame so your reference information is higher quality, and thus overall the video is better. It requires some tinkering to get the right VBR level, but should produce better results.

TBH - at 720p, 14Mbps is pretty good anyway, but definitely look to use High Profile if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

will try thanks .But i still find it weird because i rendered another clip with the exact same settings and it worked fine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I changed the profile from baseline to high and it works like a charm . Thanks Demonik

Advertisement