Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 cent "girls gone wild"

• 02-01-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

girls gone wild has been released, 1st single of the album its a club type of song alright. I actually like it tbh i expected it to a real techno type of song it defeintly has it moments.

Commercial yes but this is what i expected of 50 for the 1st single, in all ye i can see it being good in the clubs.

A lot of ye prob wont like it, but take it for what it is a club song..

what ye think?

its not on youtube yet, heres the link (no download link)

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/01/50-cent-girls-go-wild-ft-jeremih/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

That song is all over the shop, up and down in random places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

That song is all over the shop, up and down in random places.

ye agree there, its ok but as you said up and down it could of been structured a lot better.

anyway it was leaked im hearing now and 50 reacted a bit on twitter, looks like its going to be 50 vs interscope round 2 its brewing.

makes sense it was leaked because he just released the big 10 mixtape and planned on releasing a video for each song so imo his album material should wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

50 cent is a symbol with of 89% of everything thats wrong with society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

guitarzero wrote: »
    50 cent is a symbol with of 89% of everything thats wrong with society.

what?:confused::confused:

Interscope should just get rid of 50, but I suppose with the amount of money they make him they will not.

Is he even still on shady/aftermath or whats the deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

Was listening to some of his early stuff just last night, as it happens.

I miss that guy.

Interscope should just get rid of 50, but I suppose with the amount of money they make him they will not.

Is he even still on shady/aftermath or whats the deal?

Ye 50s the only one left from all the g unit lads past and present still on aftermath/shady.

They couldn't afford to drop 50. Next to eminem and maybe dre, 50 is interscopes biggest commercial asset as far as hip hop goes. But I think he is a free agent after this and he's said he is not singing with inter scope due to all the leaks and lack of promotion he gets the last while IMO its only a matter of time before he ends up with def jam it is heavily rumord he will after this album.

But IMO what we are witnessing is a rapper who was a victim of his own success , he's at a crossroads in his career ATM and is seriously feeling the pressure to stay relevant to the level he use to be.

We won't get the old 50 back for reasons above IMO and I'm a fan since the early 00s with before he signed to em, I always keep an ear out for him due to the fact I saw him come from underground to mainstream in a way really no other rapper did the whole shooting and going at other rappers with how to rob etc the beef with ja/supreme team it was entertaining but the music was also banging.

He IMO was one of the last of the real grimy 90,s gangsta rappers he was cut from the same mould but as far as these days a lot of his stuff is just gone to the dogs there's no denying it but because his older stuff was so good just like nas,jigga etc he's always going to be compared to it.

I was looking at his mixtapes before he was signed (recently) and I wish he would go back to that.

He is making tons of money in clothes, water, etc so I think he should use his music to be music and not just pushing it out to make more money which he seems to be doing more and more since GRODT.

G-Unit were always trash imo, llyod banks was alright but signed to shady/aftermath was clearly only because 50 came with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

that is bloody terrible :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This is not what I expected...I expected a catchy club banger with a techno beat..but this is just awful. I can't see this catching on at all. Is it the first single from the album? If so, I think it's a false start. I can never see this song making it onto a major label 50 Cent album. A leftovers mixtape maybe.

The Twitter meltdown/publicity stunt is ridiculous too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Really horrible. 50 is done when it comes to music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

God lord, that is awful.

Just gave it a listen, musically that song made no sense at all and it was on par with David Guetta and snoop doggs song, which is a bad thing, what the **** is happening to 50?

Personally I think it is that he had one style (gangsta, for lack of a better description), that does not work even in its watered down sense anymore in the mainstream and he pretty much lost access to Dre/Em so the production and general structure and sound is all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

That's terrible. Bits of it actually remind me of the theme tune to 'Home Alone'.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Haaaaahahaha !!

WTF?!

If this was his very very first song and was coming out now, he would most definitely be on the dole now.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    This is not what I expected...I expected a catchy club banger with a techno beat..but this is just awful. I can't see this catching on at all. Is it the first single from the album? If so, I think it's a false start. I can never see this song making it onto a major label 50 Cent album. A leftovers mixtape maybe.

The Twitter meltdown/publicity stunt is ridiculous too.

i dont think it will be the first song of the album now because of the leak, i think it had potential to be a lot better its just as said before very poorly structured, at least he didn't go techno which a lot of rappers are doing but we know what we are going to get for singles of the likes of 50,em etc they are going to be aimed in a commercial direction.

i can see where your coming from with the twitter publicity but i honestly think it was genuine, the track was in interscope's hands it was leaked he's bound to be pisse#.

he didn't actually say anything too outrageous on it, people read into a bit too much and took it for something completely different but i think a lot of rappers speak their mind on twitter 50 is no different.

if i was 50 id just to do a jay z and buy out his contract, its not as if he cant afford it. Jimmy really cant hold 50 if he decides to either in a way say that 50 is doing buck or diddy the lox etc but he only has 1 album left with interscope and for me this is the start of another battle with the label for 50.

I hope it is as i want to be entertained but there's a lot of rumors 50 will end up on def jam soon anyway.

The label situation has been brewing a while with 50 though, it goes back to 07 when 50 said fu*k jimmy iovine leading up to the curtis album then jimmy dropped banks and yayo as solo artists during the ross beef, bisd was then leaked around a month before its release, dre back working with game (you just know 50 wasnt happy about that lol) 50 going up against dre and jimmy in the headphone market, threatening to leak his detox song with dre aswell as starting his own indie label in a way that offers big label financial backing for the artist and the latest now is this.

the rumor is madonna yes madonna :D who is on interscope too had a single coming with the exact same name "girls gone wild" which 50 clarified on twitter she did and supposeably flipped and then bang a week later the song's leaked paving the way for madonna, i wouldn't hesitate to think jimmy might have known about this lol taking in mind the potential success of another madonna comeback will have on jimmys pockets:D.

I honestly can see why 50 is pisse* at the label man.

I honestly can see why 50 is pisse* at the label man.

Yeah he's definitely not happy at Interscope but the rants are getting old now though and the tweet about him thinking he hasn't got much longer to live was a bit much.

Why doesn't he just buy out his contract? He's clearly frustrated and unhappy with the label, the various issues/public feud between them have been going on for too long now. Interscope won't put out a 50 Cent album for whatever reason and 50, with all his money, can't put out an album for this same reason.

Looks like there's no progress being made and no sign of any agreement being made in the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Sounds like a demo.

Sounds like a demo.

By a deaf person.

• Advertisement

Why doesn't he just buy out his contract?

i honestly dont know, the only thing i can think of is his relationship with eminem and the fact he's still on shady/aftermath.

in reality he's the only artist on shady/aftermath capable of doing big numbers your yelawolfs, slaughterhouse's, kendrick lamars etc dont have the same commercial appeal as 50 and are not recognized worldwide on the same level as 50.

we dont know whats going on behind the scenes or whats in 50's contract etc no matter what it would be a huge commercial loss for jimmy and interscope to watch 50 going over to def jam etc and release the album there instead of interscope.

hate him or love him 50s still sold millions of records, as far as i can remember he is the 3rd best selling hip hop artist this decade behind eminem and nelly so the answer for jimmy wanting to keep him is there, he doesnt care what kind of music his artists make as long as it sells, damn industry nigg*a:D.

but 50 does need to step it up this song to me is poor to average, i think he fell apart on the 2nd verse. imo it doesn't sound like its mastered tbh afterall it was a leak.

This is the kind of reception the likes of 50, game, dr dre etc will get if they try and progress their sound, while the likes of kanye, lil wayne etc get away it, iv heard worse from the both of them on several occasions but like i said on another thread it is 1 rule for some rappers and another for others but thats just my personal opinion on it though not trying to offend anyone:).

I agree he makes them way too much money, but if he wanted to buy out his contract I would sell it to him at this stage because if this is even a possible single off his album he will absolutely flop at def jam with no Dre or Em input.

JMJ is spinning.

I agree he makes them way too much money, but if he wanted to buy out his contract I would sell it to him at this stage because if this is even a possible single off his album he will absolutely flop at def jam with no Dre or Em input.

JMJ is spinning.

JMJ would be spinning listining to girls gone wild anyway :D, although his flow has taken a bit of bashing the last few years, 50 never lost the ability to make a good hook thats something he openly pays thanks to JMJ quite a lot.

50 had quite a bit of pedigree behind him before he signed to interscope, he was with JMJ aswell as nas's bravehearts while he was on columbia records before he got shot.

power of the dollar is one very slept on album, not far behind get rich.

JMJ would be spinning listining to girls gone wild anyway :D, although his flow has taken a bit of bashing the last few years, 50 never lost the ability to make a good hook thats something he openly pays thanks to JMJ quite a lot.

50 had quite a bit of pedigree behind him before he signed to interscope, he was with JMJ aswell as nas's bravehearts while he was on columbia records before he got shot.

power of the dollar is one very slept on album, not far behind get rich.

Well ye I was referring just to this song anyway, because it is so bad and all over the place which was something JMJ worked 50 true and it helped him a lot for years but he seems to have lost it completely.

I had no idea he was with bravehearts, cool.

in reality he's the only artist on shady/aftermath capable of doing big numbers your yelawolfs, slaughterhouse's, kendrick lamars etc dont have the same commercial appeal as 50 and are not recognized worldwide on the same level as 50.

50's numbers will not be big, nowhere near the likes of Drake, Wayne, Kanye, Eminem, etc. that's why I can't understand Interscopes reluctance to release this album - what do they think this album will do? Look at the numbers for BISD, Terminate On Sight, The RED Album, Hunger For More 2, etc. - G-Unit is well and truly dead and Interscope/Aftermath are not running the rap industry anymore.

Both 50 and Game owe Interscope another album each but it will be a huge struggle for them to release anything with them again, unlike Eminem who can hand in a CD with 9 random songs he did with Royce and get a release date there and then. 50 and Game would be better off at different labels, they will never get the support/promotion they once had. Interscope has bigger artists (Black Eyed Peas, LMFAO, Eminem, etc) to worry about.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    50's numbers will not be big, nowhere near the likes of Drake, Wayne, Kanye, Eminem, etc. that's why I can't understand Interscopes reluctance to release this album - what do they think this album will do? Look at the numbers for BISD, Terminate On Sight, The RED Album, Hunger For More 2, etc. - G-Unit is well and truly dead and Interscope/Aftermath are not running the rap industry anymore.

Both 50 and Game owe Interscope another album each but it will be a huge struggle for them to release anything with them again, unlike Eminem who can hand in a CD with 9 random songs he did with Royce and get a release date there and then. 50 and Game would be better off at different labels, they will never get the support/promotion they once had. Interscope has bigger artists (Black Eyed Peas, LMFAO, Eminem, etc) to worry about.

true he's fell of the wagon in terms of his past relevance but tbh the red album, bisd, tos done average numbers by todays standards and banks hfm2 done pretty well for an independent artist without major backing he would of had with interscope, he even had a single go gold in bbb.

but ye they are never going to do numbers like they use too, your right there. only a few rappers who can really even do over 250k these days your wayne's,drakes,kanye's,eminems etc. I wouldnt say they are dead tbh if you were going on the level they use to be on then ye i would agree but look you know yourself everyone has a run in hip hop looks like its young money these days who knows who's next.:)

just release power of the dollar and il be happy, amazing 50 use to be actually considered a good mc but the albums arguably better than get rich one of the best iv ever heard not to be released amazing how much his sound declined/changed, i guess he became what he hated industry :) some of these songs are the reason im a fan listening to these put girls gone wild into perspective just sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

How did we get from this 50,to the new rubbish hes spewing out :( i wouldnt even illegally download any of 50s last few albums hes done..

Advertisement