Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bass player looking for band

• 03-01-2012 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Bass player looking for band
    Hi there. I am 28 years old, bass player based in Dublin, looking for a full time or semi professional band. I am dedicated, hard working, easy to work with and all about music. I love most types of music but my main influences are 60's/70's rock, blues, funk, soul or anything with real feeling or that gets the crowd going. Happy playing covers and or writing with a view to being paid. If you know anyone looking for a bass player in the near future drop me a line or two. No time wasters please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭bobbaggio

yeah i am looking for a bass player, we are practising on thursday in kildare, gonna start writing parts for songs i have written! Le me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭1987rudi

Hey man guitarist here, any interest in making a new band, blues/ 60s rock influence. Heres a link to some tracks with me playin/singin. Sure let me know
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭1987rudi

Link would probably help!! www.soundcloud.com/lakesy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GabrielCaetano

hi man! we're a starting band with covers and originials, only looking for bassist to smooth the edges, finish it up and wrap it in to look for gigs. We're into funk/psychedelic, lou reed/VU, bob dylan, creedence, some blues, some soul and all that goodness. Sending pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 keepersofdoubt

Hi there, are you still looking for a band?

My band is called the keepers of doubt, we’re in our early 30’s and located in south Dublin. A sample of our music can be found at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keepers-of-Doubt/157109401904
    We’ve been involved in the industry in various bands for well over ten years now and we’ve lots of experience and contacts with labels, managers, radio etc. We take our little group very seriously, on a level somewhere between a hobby and an obsession.
    Our album is recorded and ready for a spring time release so we’re looking for a bass player who’s interested in preforming live and recording new music on a regular basis. For us this is a long term project with a view to writing, recording and releasing an albums worth of new material every year from now on. So if you’re interested in playing with a real working original band, please get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Smusik

Hi there. Thanks for the post. I am currently free to work and I like the attitude coming across in your reply. I had a listen to the sample on myspace and from what I heard I really like the stlyle. I have just a few questions. Where are you guys based and what kind of hours do you do weekly, or are planning to do? Given that the material is already writen and recorded is it more a sesson player you are looking for or an active member who will be writing with the band? Do you have any mangament or promoters on board for the upcoming album?

Based on what I have heard from yee I would be interesrted in auditioning for the band, but maybe a few more details from either end would be apropiate before setting anything up. If you have any specific questions for me please feel free to ask. My quick run down is Im 29, living on the south side, I am a full time musician and sound engineer and have been playing and studying music from a young age. I play a few different instruments but bass is where my heart is at these days. I have experience playing in a range of different styles of bands on different instruments. I have experience recording and producing on both sides of the glass. I love being on stage and performing for a crowd and for me its about the crowds enjoyment more then my own. There isnt anything else of importance I can think of at the moment but if you can think of anything please let me know. All the best

Chers,

Séin.

Hi Séin, so a bit of background about us....

We are all early 30's, we have just finished recording a 10 track album. It is our intention to gig this album this summer around IRL & UK, but at the same time write new songs. It is up to you in terms of how much you would like to input in terms of song writing. We are happy with either set up ie a session player or a full time member.

As a rough guide, we meet up 3 hrs per week (practice & write) & then hope to gig once or twice every 2 weeks.

We manage our own business for the moment & use some of our connections in the industry for promotion.

We are based in South Dublin also.

I can send you on a edited sample of the 10 tracks via email if you wish?

Thanks for getting back to us
    Alan

Hi Séin, would you be interested in meeting up for a jam still?

Advertisement