Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Id agree from the point of view that Wexford will probably outnumber our support 10 to 1 but as Philip Austin said its hard to get up for a game when you've spent 3 or 4 hours on a bus of a Saturday afternoon so from that point of view maybe we have the advantage.

As for the minors, young Jack Shelley seemed fortunate to stay on the field the other night. Had he gotten a straight red would he have been eligible for Sunday or does suspensions follow across codes?

It was actually more the dimensions and surface in Thurles that I was suggesting would suit Wexford as much as if not more than Tipp, prob will be a small Tipp crowd aswell though considering We have the Munster Hurling Finals in Cork the following day.

Re the suspensions, it would depend on the lenght of a ban, anything up to 4 weeks is specific to that code and anything over 4 weeks encompases both AFAIK.

It was actually more the dimensions and surface in Thurles that I was suggesting would suit Wexford as much as if not more than Tipp, prob will be a small Tipp crowd aswell though considering We have the Munster Hurling Finals in Cork the following day.

Re the suspensions, it would depend on the lenght of a ban, anything up to 4 weeks is specific to that code and anything over 4 weeks encompases both AFAIK.

Good point about the dimensions and surfaces actually. Tipps play can be very narrow and may be suited to Clonmel or Ardfinnan more. However i think they should get them used to Thurles as much as possible and hopefully our play will evolve to suit the pitch dimensions over time

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

Any1 got any idea of what the Tipp minor team for Sunday will be ???
    Best of luck 2 all the team and management on Sunday as we take on the might of the Kingdom.:)

Any1 got any idea of what the Tipp minor team for Sunday will be ???
    Best of luck 2 all the team and management on Sunday as we take on the might of the Kingdom.:)

Id imagine the team who finished against Cork could start
    E Comerford;

D Cass, J Feehan, L Egan;

K Fahey, D Fitzell, B Maher;

S O’Brien, P Quirke;

J Maher, J Martin, I Fahy;
    C Kennedy, J McGrath, TJ Ryan.

Henry, Lonergan, Shelly, and O'Riordan just some of the names to come off the bench if necessary. Very strong panel.

Edit: I think Quirke may have switched positions for the second half with John McGrath the last day

E Comerford;

S O’Brien, P Quirke;

Henry, Lonergan, Shelly, and O'Riordan just some of the names to come off the bench if necessary. Very strong panel.

Thanks for the heads up. Ya it's a strong team all right. I hope they do themselves justice.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up. Ya it's a strong team all right. I hope they do themselves justice.

No fear in this team. One thing for sure they will be well prepared and the green and gold hasn't the same meaning to this crop as it does to their senior counterparts. Iv'e every confidence we'll win Sunday and if we dont then i reckon it will prove an ideal wakeup call

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Unfortunately John Mc Grath will probably miss both minor finals through injury after hurting his shoulder playing for Loughmore last week,very tough on the lad.

tippspur wrote: »
    Unfortunately John Mc Grath will probably miss both minor finals through injury after hurting his shoulder playing for Loughmore last week,very tough on the lad.

Tough on the young man especially given his Tour De force for the hurlers last Wednesday night. Hopefully he'll have bigger days ahead this year and im sure he will have better days ahead in the future

E Comerford;

S O’Brien, P Quirke;

Edit: I think Quirke may have switched positions for the second half with John McGrath the last day

Colm O'Riordan will definitely start if fit and from the last few challenge matches I would say Jack Loughnane is pushing very hard for a start at wing back.

Tough on the young man especially given his Tour De force for the hurlers last Wednesday night. Hopefully he'll have bigger days ahead this year and im sure he will have better days ahead in the future

Ya it's hard luck all right:( It'll be hard for him to sit and look on when he knows that he should be out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Minor Team

1. Evan Comerford (Clonmel Commercials)
    2. Darren Cass (Clonmel Commercials)
    3. James Feehan (Killeneule)
    4. Lorcan Egan (Loughmore Castleiney)
    5. Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    6. Dylan Fitzelle (Cashel King Cormacs) CAPTAIN
    7. Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
    8. Steven O’Brien (Ballina)
    9. Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    10. Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials)
    11. John Martin (Ballyporeen)
    12. Greg Henry (Killenaule)
    13. Colman Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials)
    14. Philip Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    15. Tom Kirwan (Ardfinnan)

Best of luck lads.....Hon Tipp

Minor Team

1. Evan Comerford (Clonmel Commercials)
    2. Darren Cass (Clonmel Commercials)
    3. James Feehan (Killeneule)
    4. Lorcan Egan (Loughmore Castleiney)
    5. Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    6. Dylan Fitzelle (Cashel King Cormacs) CAPTAIN
    7. Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
    8. Steven O’Brien (Ballina)

9. Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    10. Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials)
    11. John Martin (Ballyporeen)
    12. Greg Henry (Killenaule)
    13. Colman Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials)
    14. Philip Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    15. Tom Kirwan (Ardfinnan)

I bolded the dual players there. Is Lorcan Egan a dual player also does anyone know? John McGrath injured and Jack Shelly on the bench are also dual stars.

Bit of a surprise there that TJ Ryan or Colm O'Riordan didnt start. Obviously Kirwan going well in training/challenges to get the nod. Davy Power taking a 'Codyesque' approach to selection it would seem and why not.

[/B]

I bolded the dual players there. Is Lorcan Egan a dual player also does anyone know? John McGrath injured and Jack Shelly on the bench are also dual stars.

Yes Egan is on the hurling panel, Tadgh Gallagher and Jack Loughnane are also dual players.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

[/B]

Bit of a surprise there that TJ Ryan or Colm O'Riordan didnt start. Obviously Kirwan going well in training/challenges to get the nod. Davy Power taking a 'Codyesque' approach to selection it would seem and why not.

TJ just seems to me like one of these players that need the ball given to them then he can do what he likes with it. Tom is able to win the dirty ball and is full of speed, energy and skill.

TJ just seems to me like one of these players that need the ball given to them then he can do what he likes with it. Tom is able to win the dirty ball and is full of speed, energy and skill. I've marked him before and believe me he is a nightmare. At one stage he was hiding behind our wing back, crouched down. Only when the ball came did he make a burst of speed in behind the defence. Scored about five points in 20 minutes when he came on that match. :o

I'd imagine TJ is not starting because he has missed so much football over the last few months through a seies of niggling injuries, I doubt very much a player who was man of the the match in last years final would be droped for any other reason.

TJ just seems to me like one of these players that need the ball given to them then he can do what he likes with it. Tom is able to win the dirty ball and is full of speed, energy and skill.

Its a great headache to have for any manager really. Seriously strong panel.

5 down at half time. Can the comeback kings do it again??

Paddy on Tipp FM
    'Oh its a goal'.....
    Walty
    'No Paddy it came back off the post' :rolleyes:

The comeback kings are doing it again. 2-12 to 1-10. What a group of kids!! They never give up. The harder it gets the more they like it. God i love this team. And the best is they are only minors. We have years of them left.

Munster champions again. Come on the premier!! As Paddy said 'You saw it here on Tipp FM' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Well done the minor footballers done us proud again!! Hopefully the double week Sunday is on!!hon tipp

662504.jpg

More to be added next Sunday ;)

Some win,delighted for the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone go into the homecoming in Cashel ?

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Anyone go into the homecoming in Cashel ?

wasn't aware there was one. will there be one in kilsheelan if the minor hurlers win next weekend?

Have to say as if the day wasn't good enough with our terrific minors winning the hurling was blown wide open today. In light of this development and with the Munster final looming, how are our predictions now?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Have to say as if the day wasn't good enough with our terrific minors winning the hurling was blown wide open today. In light of this development and with the Munster final looming, how are our predictions now?

Tipp by 5/6 id say...can see it being a bit like the 2009 final in Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Yeboah wrote: »
    Tipp by 5/6 id say...can see it being a bit like the 2009 final in Thurles

points not goals :p

No minor highlights on Sunday game yet funnily enough Spillane was in the studio. Hardly a case of protecting a red faced Pat from having to talk about 'our poor footballing standard' here in Tipp (like he said during the Roscommon game last year) beating his fellow county men for the 3rd time consecutively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

hi lads, i'm buying terrace tickets for sunday's game. are we allocated the city or blackrock end?

Advertisement