Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Just checked paddy powers and lad brokers for price on the intermediate match nothing yet!! But you know yourself the boys from over the border will be favourites......

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

sound lad ya more than likely.i think i will make the trip up,more than likely wont get a ticket for the final so probaly be last chance to see the blue and gold.i brought my daughter to the league game this year and that game we wont talk about haha so hopefully it will be third times a tipperary charm haha

I used to post on pv but say anything negative on it and your shot down... So much for healthy debate!!! Hoganstand ok but to many Keyboard warriors who i'd say never seen the inside of croke park.... Thank god for TIPP gaa boards and all the sensible posters .... Keep it up :D

I cant stand premierview tbh. People have this impression that 'the real Tipp fans are on it' but it couldn't be further from the truth. Most of them talk about everything bar hurling. OK its good to find out about challenges and club games etc but i got kicked off it for little if anything without even a warning. Tried to log in one day only to be told that i was 'banned' from the forum :rolleyes:
    i didn't mind had i been warned or given feedback like boards but it was pure cowardly and spiteful the way it was done. Nevertheless i don't miss it or the drivel posted on it.

Give me boards any day of the week. Sensible posts and to the point from all the hurling community

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Did anyone say well done to our Minors last Sunday if so let me say it again "Well done lads" and keep it "lovely strong hurling" in the final.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Did anyone say well done to our Minors last Sunday if so let me say it again "Well done lads" and keep it "lovely strong hurling" in the final.

Begor Xeno, your dead right. During all the hysteria about the seniors flop, the performance of our wonderful minors hasn't got the credit it deserves for such an outstanding performance. The best of luck to them on September 9th. In a way its ideal preparation as they are not hyped up with the current mood in the county. If we had a few underage wins in the next few years it would put massive pressure on the seniors to deliver. We might see established young players on the senior panel fighting for ball that they never would have dared previously

I suppose the big one in Tipperary every year is the senior hurling and we seem to make a b*llocks of it 9 years out of 10. In both a hurling and football sense we've had a great year in terms of getting so many teams involved in such a late stage but unfortunately anything less then winning the All Ireland senior hurling championship is naturally is seen as an epic disaster in Tipperary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I cant stand premierview tbh. People have this impression that 'the real Tipp fans are on it' but it couldn't be further from the truth. Most of them talk about everything bar hurling. OK its good to find out about challenges and club games etc but i got kicked off it for little if anything without even a warning. Tried to log in one day only to be told that i was 'banned' from the forum :rolleyes:
    i didn't mind had i been warned or given feedback like boards but it was pure cowardly and spiteful the way it was done. Nevertheless i don't miss it or the drivel posted on it.

Give me boards any day of the week. Sensible posts and to the point from all the hurling community
    You obviously upset WG on premierview,how dare you;)

buggy beag wrote: »
    long time follower first time poster.i dont know much about the intermediates does anyone know whos the favourite for the game?
    KKs 3rd team are the third best team in the Country,they have to be favourites;)

Xenophile wrote: »
    True for you,brilliant win,they're an excellent team and I really hope they win the AI.:cool:

Was on another TIPP gaa forum site and ya've all the Galway boys on giving it loads, Jesus ya'd think there winning Leinster and all Ireland's every second year, how siht TIPP are and that Leinster is only decent hurling been played ..... I know we'll ship a lot of flack but other counties seem to be embarresset for us why galway touting the boot in.....and I taught Galway people were grand!!!! Am I wrong....
    That's what we have to put up with now T.a.l,all the lesser Counties are having a ****in field day at our expense,it doesn't even dawn on them that as bad as they think we are we've beaten all of them in the past couple of years,I for one won't take any of their crap lying down,we still have 4 Munsters won this year with a possible 2 All Irelands..hon Tipp...

Kilkenny intermediates have alot of their u21s playing for them. The likes of Walter Walsh and Kevin Kelly. It wont be easy but we have a decent side ourselves. Its 50/50 really. should be interesting. i would hope every Tipperary man, woman and child possible would turn up for this one and shout on the lads. Some of these could be senior next year.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    KKs 3rd team are the third best team in the Country,they have to be favourites;)

haha well said haha

Anyone know how we fared in the u16 tournament today? When does the u14 Tony Forristal tournament take place?

Anyone know how we fared in the u16 tournament today? When does the u14 Tony Forristal tournament take place?

Is that not next weekend? Could be wrong if I am sorry lad ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

animal lover is correct. u16 tournament is next weekend and the tony forristal also takes place next weekend
    see here

ormond lad wrote: »
    animal lover is correct. u16 tournament is next weekend and the tony forristal also takes place next weekend
    see here

Woops redface.gif

Got my weekends mixed up sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

On the senior management debate, for some reason I have a feeling Michael Cleary could be a big contender for it.

Woops redface.gif

Got my weekends mixed up sorry.
    Gunner can't be right all the time!! ;)

alan27 wrote: »
    On the senior management debate, for some reason I have a feeling Michael Cleary could be a big contender for it.

Cleary had alot of success with the Camogie team and they never did quite reach the dizzy heights after he left except perhaps one or two years with Raymie Ryan. If he was interested id have an open mind to him as he seems a shrewd man. He was pretty dismayed with what he seen last week from what i hear.

Cleary had alot of success with the Camogie team and they never did quite reach the dizzy heights after he left except perhaps one or two years with Raymie Ryan. If he was interested id have an open mind to him as he seems a shrewd man. He was pretty dismayed with what he seen last week from what i hear.

It would be interesting to see him take it over. Eamon O'Shea with him for good measure. Has Michael Cleary ever managed Tipp underage before or after the Camogie I am almost certain he hasnt since the Camogie or was it just the Camogie he was involved in?

It would be interesting to see him take it over. Eamon O'Shea with him for good measure. Has Michael Cleary ever managed Tipp underage before or after the Camogie I am almost certain he hasnt since the Camogie or was it just the Camogie he was involved in?

I think he was only involved in Camogie. Word on the ground is John Leahy has thrown his hat into the ring. Now as a person i've always had great time and respect for John. He is a Tipperary legend and a huge idol of mine but as part of Babs regime he may have some difficulty winning the older players over and to be honest we need one or two of the experienced players on board next year.
    He is a good analyst of the game to be fair to him and would show leadership that the current setup failed to do. He would bring discipline to the setup and he would light a fire under those who wouldn't work hard. If John is serious about the job then he may have to mend some bridges and the slate will have to be wiped clean. My concern is he may have damaged his reputation from his spell with Babs. Another crucial thing is the men he has with him.

• Advertisement

I think he was only involved in Camogie. Word on the ground is John Leahy has thrown his hat into the ring. Now as a person i've always had great time and respect for John. He is a Tipperary legend and a huge idol of mine but as part of Babs regime he may have some difficulty winning the older players over and to be honest we need one or two of the experienced players on board next year.
    He is a good analyst of the game to be fair to him and would show leadership that the current setup failed to do. He would bring discipline to the setup and he would light a fire under those who wouldn't work hard. If John is serious about the job then he may have to mend some bridges and the slate will have to be wiped clean. My concern is he may have damaged his reputation from his spell with Babs. Another crucial thing is the men he has with him.

Yes I agree with you on both fronts. Great player and I was a huge fan growing up watching him, but his time with Babs has done him no favours. I would prefer him to be a trainer/coach instead of the manager.

I am surprised not to see Donal O'Grady in this list of betting, I have to say I am a fan of his.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/GAA-Sports-Specials/next-tipperary-manager?ev_oc_grp_ids=785522

Yes I agree with you on both fronts. Great player and I was a huge fan growing up watching him, but his time with Babs has done him no favours. I would prefer him to be a trainer/coach instead of the manager.

I am surprised not to see Donal O'Grady in this list of betting, I have to say I am a fan of his.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/GAA-Sports-Specials/next-tipperary-manager?ev_oc_grp_ids=785522

Interesting to see Eamon O'Shea as favourite. All i can say is if the current lineup are ratified for 2013 it would be the hurling equivalent of Seanie Fitzpatrick or David Drumm getting the job of Irish financial regulator

Lads got wind its leaning towards eamonn o Shea, could be news by end of the week..... What ye think?

Lads got wind its leaning towards eamonn o Shea, could be news by end of the week..... What ye think?

Ye it raised an eyebrow with me when i seen him as favourite on paddypower alright. Christ that would be just brilliant if it happened. Absolutely brilliant. Ill say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed at all times between this and when the decision is made.
    Honestly though if Eamon comes back ill do cartwheels. He is a genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Tipp will never employ and outside manager, ever, rightly or wrongly.

Re. Eamon O'Shea, I really hope to god its true, but from what I heard from clubmates of he's and associates, It just wont be possible with work, unless he is going to take a career break, which would be a massive commitment.

But like you Gunner I will literally do cartwheels if he comes back, it would be massive.

Tipp will never employ and outside manager, ever, rightly or wrongly.

Re. Eamon O'Shea, I really hope to god its true, but from what I heard from clubmates of he's and associates, It just wont be possible with work, unless he is going to take a career break, which would be a massive commitment.

But like you Gunner I will literally do cartwheels if he comes back, it would be massive.

Even if it was only for 2013 id be happier for him to come back then i would if Lionel Messi sensationally decided on Friday (deadline day) that he fancied a change of scenery and wanted to join Arsenal :D

Your right with regards to Tipp's reluctance to hiring from outside (in terms of hurling anyhow). The county board seem to think hiring an outsider is like admitting defeat but the only currency that should matter to them is Liam McCarthy and if the candidates are not available they will have to be more realistic in the future. IMO anyhow Donal O'Grady would have done the Tipp job far more justice in 2011 then Declan and Tommy did during the two years.

Won't be able to make match sat eve, was hopin it was on tv but no it's not,tg4 showing rugby match Leinster of course....

do good coaches make good managers or are they the same and the one these days?

Won't be able to make match sat eve, was hopin it was on tv but no it's not,tg4 showing rugby match Leinster of course....

Dont think the GAA issue the tv rights for the intermediate hurling/junior football championship. I suppose little enough go to them without putting the final nail in the coffin.

• Advertisement

buggy beag wrote: »
    do good coaches make good managers or are they the same and the one these days?

Using Brian Cody and Eamon O'Shea as an example both are tactically astute and a great communicators. They are also both capable undoubtedly of encouraging and firing up a team for battle.

There is plenty of good skills and fitness coaches out there but the big question in terms of man management is whether they would be able to meet players needs off the pitch as well as on the field.

The modern game is definitely one where everything has to be brought to the table. Perhaps where the manager lacks in one area, they bring trusted expertise in to help them out in that area. No real yes or no answer to your question as individuals may differ. Davy Fitz for example is very passionate on the sideline but when the chips are down he is probably not the best tactician

Advertisement