Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭carryharry

tonyduggan wrote: »
    Unless Cashel say otherwise!

Not wrong Tony, they were on everyone christmas card list after their carry on last year.

Karma will bite eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

carryharry wrote: »
    Agreed daniel, but their experience of last year will drive them on bigtime.

Clonakenny won the Mid yesterday so they can't be bad.

How did Gortnahoe go in the Mid does nayone know? They contested the County final last year so was surprised they didn't make a mid final.

I have watched them and they have got progressively worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

For this weekends games, of the four outsiders I think the only two with any chance are Eire Og Anacarthy and Kildangan, Eire og are very underestimated, extremely fit and well drilled outfit, while Kildangan actaully beatr Toom last year and this year since former county man Daragh Egan has gone in to the goals look a much better team.

Loughmore and Drom will win pulling up.

If only GAA betting was this easy every weekend :D

If only GAA betting was this easy every weekend :D

Did you back all 4 winners PS?

What did the odds work out at? Great shout.

Shout your 1/4 final picks.

Did you back all 4 winners PS?

What did the odds work out at? Great shout.

Shout your 1/4 final picks.

Had Eire og, Kildangan and Clare treble, just over 30/1 :D

Thurles, Loughmore, Clonoulty and the last one I cant call at all tbh, the nine weeks could be a problem for Port and the big pitch wont suit their backs, it will be a real dog fight.

• Advertisement

Thurles, Loughmore, Clonoulty and the last one I cant call at all tbh, the nine weeks could be a problem for Port and the big pitch wont suit their backs, it will be a real dog fight.

Very nice, PP got well rubbed there for a change.

Agreed on Portroe, long time idle but at the same time i can't see John & Liam Sheedy not having them ready.

Anyone know if Portroe have being playing challenge matches?

Ronan O'Brien will be a big addition back for Eire Og too. Some good games in the stadium this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tonyduggan

how much is it in for the q-finals lads do ye know? ill try and get to one of the days, saturday most likely

Surely €8 to €10 range i would guess.

tonyduggan wrote: »
    how much is it in for the q-finals lads do ye know? ill try and get to one of the days, saturday most likely

COUNTY SENIOR HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP

The quarter finals of the county senior hurling championship will be played this weekend at Semple Stadium. On Saturday eveningSeptember 22 at 6pm Mullinahone will play Loughmore Castleiney and at 7.30pm Clonoulty Rossmore will play Drom and Inch in a rematch of last year’s county senior hurling final which Drom and Inch won. On Sunday evening September 23 at 6pm Thurles Sarsfields will play Kildangan and at 7.30pm Portroe will play Éire Óg Annacarty Donohill. Extra time will be played in the four games if required. The winners will qualify for the county semi-finals on Sunday October 7 with extra time if required. The county senior hurling final will take place on Sunday October 14. Only the O Riain (New) Stand will be open on Saturday and Sunday nights with tickets on sale for unreserved seating. That means you must purchase a ticket at the ticket booths opposite the Handball Alley before you go to the stiles. Tickets will also be on sale all week at all usual Supervalu and Centra retail outlets throughout the county and at Lár na Pairce. Admission costs €15 for each night and students/OAP’s can get a €5 refund with ID at the designated stile. A special offer weekend package costing just €20 and €15 for all 4 games will be on sale Saturday evening at the Handball Alley – you will be issued with a ticket for both days when you make your €20 purchase.

Source : TipperaryGAA.ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

€20 for a two day ticket is good value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Any word how the magnificent 9 TIPP committee getting on!! Isn't a pity the tippu21's didn't hold on against clareu21's, we'd be hereing how great a team Performance the u21's played if we won the final, sure we weren't suppose to come out of cork and limerick with two good wins from an average team:confused: we're we.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 greyhound365

I think that idea of buying tickets in the booths before ya go to the stiles is madness.It caused complete and utter calamity at the Intermediate final..

I think that idea of buying tickets in the booths before ya go to the stiles is madness.It caused complete and utter calamity at the Intermediate final..

It did alright, but with double headers you won't have everyone arriving the same time so it should be ok, its been done apparently becasue the board feel there has been money dissapearing from the stiles, they did a 'sting' last year and used 5 marked notes, only one of them turned up in the cash room after!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

It did alright, but with double headers you won't have everyone arriving the same time so it should be ok, its been done apparently becasue the board feel there has been money dissapearing from the stiles, they did a 'sting' last year and used 5 marked notes, only one of them turned up in the cash room after!
    Would it not be possible to find honest people to man the stiles and take the cash. BTW, I suspect that your story about the "5 marked notes" is just pub talk. Could they have been given out in change.

Would it not be possible to find honest people to man the stiles and take the cash. BTW, I suspect that your story about the "5 marked notes" is just pub talk. Could they have been given out in change.

Unfortunately where money is concerned, even love of the county doesnt come into it.

But thats a good question regarding the marked notes. The only theory to support the rumours i can come up with is if they were notes of a higher sum of money that were less likely to be given out in change or if they were planted in the float at a latter stage of taking money at the gates. I suppose it is just pub talk for now but i often laugh at the many official attendances given out at these matches.

the general rule in Thurles i feel is to take the 'official figure' they give and multiply it by 2

+1

If the CB get the man they want then we should be okay.

O'Shea is no1 choice, so a reliable source told me yesterday.

The make up of such a management team to support Eamon would be very interesting.

You could give Eamon the job on his own he is almost that good.

Interestingly Cian O'Neill is preparing for his fourth All Ireland final in a row on Sunday. Yet it seems he had such an influence on the panel last year that he was told that his expertise was no longer needed or at least given enough hints it wasnt :rolleyes:

Any word how the magnificent 9 TIPP committee getting on!! Isn't a pity the tippu21's didn't hold on against clareu21's, we'd be hereing how great a team Performance the u21's played if we won the final, sure we weren't suppose to come out of cork and limerick with two good wins from an average team:confused: we're we.

I do think Clare are probably that bit better a team but yes i suppose those lads will wonder what might have been and would have every right to as in fairness Tipp u21's played with great determination and team spirit this year. If there is one thing i admired their management for its the never say die spirit they instilled in the lads and its a thing we've lacked at senior level since 2010.

I had seen them play Kilkenny twice this year albeit in challenges and i felt there was nothing to suggest we couldnt compete with them even as big and powerful a team as they were. We were probably unlucky to lose to them back in 2009 at minor bar the bit of brilliance from Walter Walsh who was bigger and stronger then any other kid on the park at the time. We have found a way to cope with Walsh since.

Unfortunately where money is concerned, even love of the county doesnt come into it.

But thats a good question regarding the marked notes. The only theory to support the rumours i can come up with is if they were notes of a higher sum of money that were less likely to be given out in change or if they were planted in the float at a latter stage of taking money at the gates. I suppose it is just pub talk for now but i often laugh at the many official attendances given out at these matches.

the general rule in Thurles i feel is to take the 'official figure' they give and multiply it by 2
    It is very easy to throw allegations of stealing money at people working on the stiles at Thurles. Now you are telling us that we need to multiply the official attendance by 2. In all fairness, do you believe that there is really that much money stolen at Thurles every match. AFAIK the official attendance at Thurles last Saturday night was 9,500. Are you seriously suggesting that there were 19,000 spectators at the match. Get real and think before accusing people of that amount of theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Not wrong Tony, they were on everyone christmas card list after their carry on last year.

Karma will bite eventually.
    Ballybacon should be thanking Cashel i think as they were at nothing in Senior and have a chance of silverware now.

You would have hoped you could find enough honest people, but unfortunately where there is money there will always be fraud. The stroy about the notes was relayed to me by a former county treasurer, I can't see why he would make it up or exaggerate tbh. They used marked €50 notes, no chance they were given out in change.

• Advertisement

If your story is true, they would know which stilesmen got the marked 50 Euro notes and I would expect that they would never be allowed work on the stiles again. I still have my doubts about all this talk of large amounts of money going missing at every match in Thurles.

Steer clear of Clonoulty PS, missing 4 through injury and Paudie White is suspended after being sent off in the West final.

hawkwing wrote: »
    Ballybacon should be thanking Cashel i think as they were at nothing in Senior and have a chance of silverware now.

Your right HK, it was known they were dropping back to Intermediate voluntarily anyway but it still sticks in the graw what Cashel did.

Now that is a club that would struggle at Intermediate, its gone to the stage where Cashel are probably better footballers but a few within the ranks deem it a given that they are a Senior hurling club.

They are not fooling anyone only themselves.

Steer clear of Clonoulty PS, missing 4 through injury and Paudie White is suspended after being sent off in the West final.

Thanks for the heads-up, was aware of Paudie White alright and its a big loss, I wasn't aware they had as many as 4 injured, the reason I fancy Clonoulty is their FF line and Drom's FB line, Drom's FB line is very poor for a top contender and Hammersley and John O'Neill could have a field day with enough supply.

Drom pose plent of attacking threat themselves of course so should be a cracker, the better days entertainment and quality wise is certainly the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

It's an absolute disaster of a set up.:mad: But it's an issue for CP as they are the ones (unfortunately) who are in charge of the running of SS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Eamon O' Shea the latest to rule himself out from what I'm reading on Twitter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Eamon O' Shea the latest to rule himself out from what I'm reading on Twitter.

Heard that last week as well, not a good sign if that's the case.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Heard that last week as well, not a good sign if that's the case.

Ken Hogan it is lads.

Ken Hogan it is lads.

Ken had a tough stint as manager between 04 and 05 but in fairness to him he has since done a great job with the under 21s. He has fostered a good team spirit in any case. Id have loved O'Shea back but i suppose it was always only going to be a pipe dream. Pity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Has Eamon 0 Shea said this himself officially?

Advertisement