Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Ha ha you wouldnt mind they took an absolute hiding from Limerick last week in same competition. Hon the Premier! :D

They were missing the 4 cahir lads as they were playing the county minor b semi final same night I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Ha ha you wouldnt mind they took an absolute hiding from Limerick last week in same competition. Hon the Premier! :D
    Tipp had a stronger team out tonight. Teams change a lot in this competition which is regarded as a development project as well as a serious competition with counties encouraged to use a large number of players in the league section. Colin O'Riordan was the captain tonight and Tipp had 5 county minors on the team. The other 4 were Jimmy Feehan, Kevin Fahey, Ross Mulcahy and Tom Kirwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

They were missing the 4 cahir lads as they were playing the county minor b semi final same night I think.

No they were their last monday night. One of them got a goal.
    Tipp had a stronger team out tonight. Teams change a lot in this competition which is regarded as a development project as well as a serious competition with counties encouraged to use a large number of players in the league section. Colin O'Riordan was the captain tonight and Tipp had 5 county minors on the team. The other 4 were Jimmy Feehan, Kevin Fahey, Ross Mulcahy and Tom Kirwan.

Their were only 2 changes from the last day also. Pierce Morgan and Mikey O'Connor off from the last day.

Very good first half with a scoreline of 1-8 to 2 points. Seemed a bit sluggish in the second half

No they were their last monday night. One of them got a goal.

Their were only 2 changes from the last day also. Pierce Morgan and Mikey O'Connor off from the last day.

Very good first half with a scoreline of 1-8 to 2 points. Seemed a bit sluggish in the second half

Against limerick they were missing back for the Clare match.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Against limerick they were missing back for the Clare match.

Oh sorry you're correct. Sher they didn't get any goal against Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭carryharry

Big shout out to Rosegreen GAA club ( the little village ) on their Junior B Hurling West Title win over Cashel King Cormacs last Saturday in New Inn.

1-17 to 1-13 the final score in a thrilling encounter.

3 in a row for Tipp Under 17 Footballers in Daryl Darcy Cup. Congrats. to them, but I wonder if next year's minor team will be up to the standard of the last 2 years. Some very good players involved next year all right, but maybe not enough of them to make it 3 in a row in Munster. I am afraid that we may be short of really top forwards compared to 2010 and 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

carryharry wrote: »
    Big shout out to Rosegreen GAA club ( the little village ) on their Junior B Hurling West Title win over Cashel King Cormacs last Saturday in New Inn.

1-17 to 1-13 the final score in a thrilling encounter.

Bit of a surprise. I expected Cashel to win that one. Not by much mind, but still thought they would have too much for Rosegreen.
    Cashel were really going hard for that competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

robbiezero wrote: »
    Bit of a surprise. I expected Cashel to win that one. Not by much mind, but still thought they would have too much for Rosegreen.
    Cashel were really going hard for that competition.

Id say Cashel were expecting to win it too which was the problem! Rosgreen in fairness were very organised and fair play to them have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

There is no match report on the Minor A West Hurling Final in the Tipperary Star although there is a pic from the game.

• Advertisement

Full report and pictures in The Nationalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Interesting to see Munster conditioning coach Fergal O Callaghan join the tipp backroom team
    http://www.hoganstand.com/Tipperary/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=180235

I see that the Tipperary Star are running a competition for an Alternative Tipperary 15 for the senior hurlers. The rules are that they were not members of the 2012 panel. They have to be over minor age. Entries submitted to The Tipperary Star , Friar Street Thurles. Who would make up your 15?

The North Minor Hurling A Hurling Final is on today. Nenagh Eire Og and Kildangan is on today. Any one have an update? The winners take on West champions Cashel KC in the semi-final. In the other semi-final Mid champions Holycross Ballycahill cross swords with South king pins St.Marys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

The North Minor Hurling A Hurling Final is on today. Nenagh Eire Og and Kildangan is on today. Any one have an update? The winners take on West champions Cashel KC in the semi-final. In the other semi-final Mid champions Holycross Ballycahill cross swords with South king pins St.Marys.
    Nenagh beat kiladangan. Dont know the score but when i was driving through the town on way home from nenaghs rugby match the nenagh lads were driving up kenyon street with the trophy

ormond lad wrote: »
    Interesting to see Munster conditioning coach Fergal O Callaghan join the tipp backroom team
    http://www.hoganstand.com/Tipperary/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=180235

O'Shea really wants the best for Tipperary. Thats a massive appointment. A man who was involved in 4 Heineken Cup finals. Huge

I had heard it was St Mary's v Cashel KC and Holycross v Nenagh but thats not saying who is wrong or right.

3 in a row for Tipp Under 17 Footballers in Daryl Darcy Cup. Congrats. to them, but I wonder if next year's minor team will be up to the standard of the last 2 years. Some very good players involved next year all right, but maybe not enough of them to make it 3 in a row in Munster. I am afraid that we may be short of really top forwards compared to 2010 and 2011.

If we had a younger age profile it could well be an issue but the difference between a 16 year old minor player in his first year and a 17 year old minor in his second year can be bigger then we could imagine it to be

I had heard it was St Mary's v Cashel KC and Holycross v Nenagh but thats not saying who is wrong or right.

Yeah I think your right south v west and mid v north this year.

Great turn out for the county final today!! Under 800 there... Silvermines had a great win...

• Advertisement

Great turn out for the county final today!! Under 800 there... Silvermines had a great win...

They should look to double up some of these games. Surely Silvermines would have had no objections to playing in Semple as the undercard? Get a better crowd in. Ironic thing is the crowd for two clubs is decent when you consider the attendance at the Tipp football games this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

They should look to double up some of these games. Surely Silvermines would have had no objections to playing in Semple as the undercard? Get a better crowd in. Ironic thing is the crowd for two clubs is decent when you consider the attendance at the Tipp football games this summer

Couldn't double it up on this ocassion as one was a county fixture and the other was a munster council game.

ormond lad wrote: »
    Nenagh beat kiladangan. Dont know the score but when i was driving through the town on way home from nenaghs rugby match the nenagh lads were driving up kenyon street with the trophy

The final score was 1-14 to 1-09 in Nenagh's favour. Good game better team won, the conditions really suited them more as they were more physical team. Our boys got off to a great start but Nenagh eventually got on top.

:oSorry for miss leading every one :o. To make it worse I knew which way the draw was.As other posters had pointed out. It's Holycross v Nenagh and Cashel v St. Mary's in the other semi-final.

Couldn't double it up on this ocassion as one was a county fixture and the other was a munster council game.

Thats the conundrum but you'd like to see the 2 boards getting together and coming up with a logical solution. Thats an ideal world though

Well done to Silvermines on reaching the munster intermediate hurling final after victory over An Rinn (Waterford) on a score line of 0-13 to 0-11. Victory was secured despite trailing by 0-7 to 0-4 at half time.

Well done to Silvermines on reaching the munster intermediate hurling final after victory over An Rinn (Waterford) on a score line of 0-13 to 0-11. Victory was secured despite trailing by 0-7 to 0-4 at half time.

How did Jason Forde do? or Ronan Sherlock who was very good for Tipp intermediates this year?

How did Jason Forde do? or Ronan Sherlock who was very good for Tipp intermediates this year?

Forde was poor enough from play, conditions were bad though and he scored 8pts from frees, Sherlock was very quite for the opening 20 mins but grew into the game, once again I thought Orrie Quirke was their best player and has been the 3 times I've seen them this year.

Forde was poor enough from play, conditions were bad though and he scored 8pts from frees, Sherlock was very quite for the opening 20 mins but grew into the game, once again I thought Orrie Quirke was their best player and has been the 3 times I've seen them this year.

Cheers.

Where did Sherlock line out? Centre back or higher up? I noticed Quirke was on intermediate panel this year alright but i cant recall if he got a run out at any stage. Good solid club hurler judging by your description.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Where did Sherlock line out? Centre back or higher up? I noticed Quirke was on intermediate panel this year alright but i cant recall if he got a run out at any stage. Good solid club hurler judging by your description.

Sherlock was CB, very impressed with Quirke this year hadn't realy noticed him that much in previous years, was talking to a former manager of the mines recently and he reckons he is a very talented player, little bit on the small side imo but we'll see.

Advertisement