Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sony rdr-gx350 dvd player/recorder

• 03-01-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone
    We have one of these dvd players and recently received a couple of dvds from america, but they won't play on our machine.
    I believe there is a way to change the regionalization code to make it play them but haven't been able to find out how it's done.
    Do any of you still have one of these or can remember what you did to make it play all dvds no matter where they come from?
    Hoping some of you can crack (lol) this puzzle :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

You need what called a "region free hack". Its performed by programming a universal remote control to replicate the service remote control of the machine you have.

See attached thread
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-player-multiregion-hacks/675263-help-sony-rdr-gx350-multi-region-hack.html

Get a one for all (OFA) remote control to peform the hack.
    Works well if you follow instructions to the letter.
    I've done it on a similar Sony machine.

Some sites will also rent a remote control to you to do the job. May be less hassle especially if you don't have access to a OFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pneireland

Many thanks for that bridster.
    I'll get to work on it in the next couple of days.
    Thanks again

Advertisement