Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No online pass in my Arkham City !

Options
  • 03-01-2012 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

You're meant to get an online pass with every new copy of the game but I didn't get one :/ I really want it cause you get the Catwoman storyline which is 800MsPoints on the marketplace. Any ideas on what I can do ? I don't want to pay for something I should have gotten free but I've a feeling I'll end up doing it anyway !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Shiroki wrote: »
    You're meant to get an online pass with every new copy of the game but I didn't get one :/ I really want it cause you get the Catwoman storyline which is 800MsPoints on the marketplace. Any ideas on what I can do ? I don't want to pay for something I should have gotten free but I've a feeling I'll end up doing it anyway !

bring it back to where is was bought and explain it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Where did you buy it? Go back to the shop, or email the retailer if you got it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've a spare code...PM me and i'll send it to you after my working day is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

I've a spare code...PM me and i'll send it to you after my working day is over.

Very kind of you muppetkiller :) I'll pm you now. I did a google search and it seems like a whole load of games were shipped without the codes :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Very kind of you muppetkiller :) I'll pm you now. I did a google search and it seems like a whole load of games were shipped without the codes :/

Like mine. I succumbed to the lure of it today and theres no code in the box :mad: Did you try going back to the store? If so, what did they say? Just for everyones information, i got mine in Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

Yeah mine was bought in Gamestop too.. I didnt have to go back to the shop because Muppetkiller gave me a code but I would have. They should definitely get rid of all this code malarkey. EA are the worst for their online passes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Yeah mine was bought in Gamestop too.. I didnt have to go back to the shop because Muppetkiller gave me a code but I would have. They should definitely get rid of all this code malarkey. EA are the worst for their online passes!

So apparently, according to Gamestop, you have to ring rocksteady or whoever to get the code. Seems a bit sh!t but ce sera, pointless arguing with the gs staff.

In relation to the code, i do think its a good idea in theory, but the implementation could be better- perhaps a one time code stamped on the disc as opposed to a slip of paper? Or a first time disc registration of the serial code or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

My game didn't come with a pass either. I emailed Warner at support@wbgames.com and got the following reply:
    Below you will find a list of instructions to follow so we can provide you with a new code(s).

Please note that rented copies or used copies are not eligible for a code. The code is only provided for the original purchaser of a new game purchase. If you purchased a new sealed copy of the game for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or PC and it was missing the sheet with the code or you get a message that the code was already used or another error when entering it on the webpage, please provide the following in order to obtain a code.

1. A scan or photo of the dated proof of purchase (receipt, invoice) showing the purchase of a NEW copy of the game(not a rented or used copy, nor a copy purchased from EBay).
    2. Your gamertag for Xbox Live, or your profile for the PSN.
    3. Your email address
    4. A scan or photo of the package and game disc(s).
    5. A scan or photo the code sheet.
    6. Region of the world in which you are located.
    This would have been straightforward but unfortunately my sister left the receipt in Dublin so I wasn't able to get the code.

Also, for any of you who are confused about the 5th step, it doesn't apply if you don't have a code sheet. Some games were shipped with code sheets but no code printed on them. Other games came with multiple codes and some games, like mine, came with no code at all.

It's a great game but this issue was really annoying.

Advertisement