Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future of Irish House Prices

Options
  • 03-01-2012 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just read the economist there and they are expecting a 3% decrease in the Irish Propery market in general on CSO figures.

What are your opinions???

Personally I believe that a drop of 6-9% will happen as residential prices will drag down the market?? 3/1 with PP

Or As there seems to be more money in the country now than say last year is now a good time to invest??

Sometimes when I look at Allsops Prices from Nama last year I think That there is still some life in the market??

Will the government budget measures impact on the property market or just cause a dead cat bounce situation in the market?

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Why do you think there is more money in the country this year?

a 3% drop y-o-y is optimistic. It fell that much ( almost) in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

more taxes, more emigration, less confidence, more difficulty in borrowing money. Prices can only go one way and thats down. There are still a lot of empty houses in the country. The IMF ?EU are not going to keep lending this country tens of billions every year for ever. It will be fun when than amount reduces.:(. Sorry, thats the reality. Average house price will be several times average industrial wage at most.

Advertisement