Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Enquiry

Options
  • 03-01-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my employer has offered me redundancy. I have been working a part time the since Nov 2007. I have been doing shift work since then and what I'm wondering is how do they decide what my weekly pay will be in the calculations for the redundancy, if the actual figure changes from week to week? Its ranged from between 25 - 35 the last 2 years. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

ANON2012 wrote: »
    Hi, my employer has offered me redundancy. I have been working a part time the since Nov 2007. I have been doing shift work since then and what I'm wondering is how do they decide what my weekly pay will be in the calculations for the redundancy, if the actual figure changes from week to week? Its ranged from between 25 - 35 the last 2 years. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

I might be a bit rusty on this now but I think it will probably be an average of a number of weeks pay, probably last 13/26/52 or something like that... Anything else and I'd be asking questions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

bbam wrote: »
    I might be a bit rusty on this now but I think it will probably be an average of a number of weeks pay, probably last 13/26/52 or something like that... Anything else and I'd be asking questions..

Are you just picking that answer out of the sky or is it based on some knowledge of the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bonnie88

Hey...what ever way they work out your holiday pay will be the same way they out this. Your entitled to one weeks pay plus two weeks for every year you have worked there.
    All the best x

Advertisement