Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Bleach Disaster - Need Advice

• 03-01-2012 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Okay where do I begin....

I have medium - long length hair about 8 inches long from the top of my shoulders. For the past 3 and a half years I had been dying black (minus the time in between when I had my hair all chopped off and bleached 5 times in a row the wrong way, went yellow- long story.) About 3 and half weeks ago, I decided that I couldn't stick the black anymore so bleach was the only answer. I used Jerome Russell Bblonde Cream Peroxide and Bleach Powder, which I first put on the second half of my hair for an 40 mins then rinsed, blow dried and repeated all over and left in for 90 mins. The results I was left with was white blonde roots, orangey yellow in the middle and the rest was an auburny colour, which if I be honest, was much more of a result then I originally expected, considering this bleach kit was bought in a chemist. I put a very bright red dye over it which took more to the top and not so much to the bottom but it actually worked and I do like it. Now here's the thing....

My hair is considerably damaged. Cutting it off all at once is not an option, though I will go for trims to get it cut off gradually every 2 months or something to allow new growth. In the mean time, I am going to just bleach my roots but not for the same amount of time as the hair will contain no dye. I would really like to work my way up to platinum blonde, no straight away but gradually and how would I go about this? And has anyone any treatments or tips recommended for my bleach damaged hair? Thanks:)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Get yerself some of this Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner. Put it in after you shampoo your hair, and leave it in for as long as possible. It's a lifesaver when it comes to bleached hair, it has saved my hair many many times :D

Aussie_3_minute_miracle1.jpg

Advertisement