Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter is so depressing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I remember a few years ago getting up at 8.00 during my school holidays and just having a blast outside with my friends all day. I really hate the winter, it's so ****. I might even consider moving to Spain I think. I hate the weather here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I know...it's a running joke with myself...

Edit: I'd never use the word "currently"..

In this moment, I go to my village......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Just think of it as spring. cos it's more like that anyhow

Is there anywhere reasonable in the world where I could move to that have good weather most of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I love that feeling during the summer when you wake on a Saturday or something and the heat is already bursting into your house. No clouds in the sky. Jesus I really can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't live in Ireland do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Only 2 more weeks the winter blues end and the Spring blues start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 superman123

and cold, dont forget cold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I love the time after New year as it means days are getting longer and summer is coming. I know our summers arent much to get excited above but we always get a few good days and the days are long and generally bright and you can get outside and do bits and pieces that you cant during the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Just came back from a month in Oz, I hate Winter's face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Today is nice where I am, blue sky, the sun is shining and the air is cold and crisp.:)

You don't live in Ireland do you?
    :D
    Those days are rare enough here alright. But I feel so good on these days. I wake up and literally jump out of bed. Everyone is a lot happier.

Today is nice where I am, blue sky, the sun is shining and the air is cold and crisp.:)
    OMFG are you actually in
    Pyongyang>?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

OMFG are you actually in
    Pyongyang>?

Ya nice place, I'm typing this off Kim Jong Un's laptop, he's the only guy in the country with internet access.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Ten minutes ago I looked out side and it was sunny and warm looking. I thought, "I might go read a book outside." I looked out just there after reading this thread.

It's raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I like winter with its mix of extremes," there is no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing" (Billy Connolly.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm one of those people that prefer winter over summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

This has to be the worst time of the year. The Christmas and New Years celebrations are over, I know it's meant to be the 6th, but they're over. People who were off are now going back to work. Everyone is fairly broke I imagine too, I know I am. I've been afraid to look at my online bank account balance. The days are still disgustingly short. A lot of people will be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark too.
    The weather is just horrible, especially right now. At least snow is a bit different, but all we have now is wind, rain and coldness. The thoughts of when I started work at 7 outside in the cold, yuck.
    I really wish I could just hibernate for Winter.

Winter is a great time.
    When the wind and rain is battering the windows I am in a nice warm bed with my naked girlfriend.
    There is more to life than weather and bank balances.

Advertisement