Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logged in but told I'm not logged in.

Options
  • 03-01-2012 5:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

I just spent the last 20 minutes responding to a serious post.

Then clicked "Submit" to, eh submit it (as I have done thousands of times before).

Then I was informed I was not logged in and my reply disappeared.
    Checked Top Left corner or the screen to see my username still there and clicked on it to confirm that I was indeed logged in all the time.

Very F...king Frustrating.

Story :confused:

Add ":mad:" to the prefix list above.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Make sure you put a tick in the "Remember Me?" box next time, or your session will time out again like it did after such a period of inactivity while you were typing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

When you clicked Submit, you should have been redirected to a login page. After you logged in, your reply will be submitted. This happened to me before and my posts always went through.
    Think the time-out period is 15 minutes after last page load if you haven't checked the "Remember Me" box that Shield mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

When that happens, after you login, click the back button and you'll be back at your Editor with your post still intact.

That "Remember Me" box is a pain in the hole. No need for it. Or at the very least it should be set to be ticked by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

When that happens, after you login, click the back button and you'll be back at your Editor with your post still intact.

That "Remember Me" box is a pain in the hole. No need for it. Or at the very least it should be set to be ticked by default.
    Problem is, lots of people use Boards in IT rooms in colleges, etc., etc. If they don't think to manually log out (which they should ofc) the automatic logout period gives them a far better chance of escaping without their account being hijacked by a mischievous peer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement