Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod battery backup unit.

• 03-01-2012 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good one? I have travel anxiety and find that watching movies on the go settles me. Obviously the iPhone isn't going to last a flight and subsequent travel to various destinations so I could do with one of these items.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tesco were selling these on the cheap ages ago. does the job have a couple of them.duracell_powerhouse_usb_charger_with_lithium_ion_battery.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

tesco were selling these on the cheap ages ago. does the job have a couple of them.duracell_powerhouse_usb_charger_with_lithium_ion_battery.jpg
    Actually it never occurred to me that what I was looking for is a portable USB power source and not a product necessarily exclusive to apple. Duh me!

Thanks. That widens the search possibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

If your flying long haul some planes like the a380 have usb charging points underneath the armrest (on the underside of it if you catch my drift).

An apple specific product is the morphie juice pack which is meant to be quite good, its an additional battery that is slotted onto the back of the phone like a case http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-pack-air-iPhone-4-battery-case-p/1145_jpa-ip4-blk.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Gileadi wrote: »
    An apple specific product is the morphie juice pack which is meant to be quite good, its an additional battery that is slotted onto the back of the phone like a case http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-pack-air-iPhone-4-battery-case-p/1145_jpa-ip4-blk.htm
    That's pretty cool. Bit more than I was looking to spend and tbh the standard usb for all products backup is probably more practical but it's pretty cool all the same.

Advertisement