Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia for a honeymoon

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Happy new year,
    thinking of heading to Oz for Honeymoon next Jan for 3 weeks. I have been speaking to loads of people and with all the ideas people have told me i dont think i would it in in 3 months never mind 3 weeks. if you have been to Oz what was your highlight hotspots please.

Also do you think i should do the journey over in one go or do you think i should stop over somewhere for a few nights.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

My opinion - it's too far to go. You're looking at a day's worth of travel in each direction, then a few days of jetlag, then the rest rushing around trying to see as much as possible in a massive country.

Again, my opinion on a honeymoon, somewhere close enough, with pubs / restaurants / sighteeing all within arms reach. Whether you are doing a relaxing honeymoon or something a little more adventurous, you don't want to spend half your time on planes/buses/taxis/trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mightymouse11

thanks for your reply Jagera,
    qould you have any reccomdations i know not wedding section. but is it the only real place for great weather dont fancy s.Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No it isnt. The caribbean has great weather. We did a cruise around it for our honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Personally the north east is great.

Cairns / great barrier reef / whitsundays / frazer island. This is the area you should be concentrating on and very achievable in your time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 puckfada

Myself and my wife done the east coast from Port Douglas (north of Cairns) to Sydney for our honeymoon in January 2010. We had a 2 night stopover in Singapore. We landed in Cairns Jan 3rd and worked our way to Sydney and departed Sydney on 25th. Highlights were Greet Barrier Reef done this from Port Douglas, Whitsundays (we stayed on an island to relax for 2 nights) Fraser Island was the best craic and made great friends.Was alot of driving involved some times might leave at 6 -7 am and may not get to destination until 2-3pm.We had car booked and the 1st 3 nights stay booked before we left and booked the rest as we went along.We were on a budget and stayed in hostels and booked them as we went along. Best experience ever. Hope this is of some help All the best with your planning.

Advertisement