Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games of 2012 - PC Gamer Preview

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sadly back in work and trying to stave off that reality by bumbling about the interwebs this morning. And I came across this article on the PC Gamer site listing a load of games that are (or may) come out this year. I won't post the contents of the link as there's a hell of a lot there.

There's quite a few games I've never heard of, which sound pretty interesting, and other games which I had heard about and completely forgot about.

And although there's a fair few sequels, there's also quite a lot of solid looking original games. It could be a pretty good year for games.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-best-pc-games-of-2012/

If I was to pick a few that peaked my interest, I'd have to include Gettysberg: Armoured Warfare, simply because of the accompanying picture:
    list-Gettysburg-Armored-Warfare.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some great looking games in there, though a fair amount of the 'rumoured' games have no chance of coming to the pc. Main games i'm looking forward to are Mass Effect 3, Bioshock: Infinite, GTA 5 and Diablo 3.

And Darksiders 2. Oh and Guild Wars 2. And Prey 2.

Sequel city!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My wallet is weeping in the corner for this years prospects :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Give me Diablo 3 amd bioshock infinite, then the rest of the year can go fudge it self!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Standout games for me are

Arma 3
    That Elite type game Infinity (please don't suck)
    X-Rebirth
    Carrier Command
    Metro
    Mechwarrior

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

A new carmageddon! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Carrier Command brings back some good memories for me... mainly hogging a friend's Atari ST to play it for hours on end :pac:

There could be a few gems in there I think. Hoping for good reviews for Gotham City Impostors, Magna Mundi, Darksiders II (first was a good game), Bioshock Infinite etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well Mass Effect 3 and UFC Undisputed 3 are the only games i'll be getting until the summer. I know ME 3 will keep me going ages anyway so not pushed about the lack of games in Winter/Spring.

okay, i am at my pc, so i can see list in more detail.

good few titles there, but i have my doubts to see those this year. so far looking forward to:

Max payne 3
    race driver: grid 2
    Carmageddon - my childhood love
    warhammer 40k: Dark milennium online - no way its coming this year.
    fallout online - i will be dead and there will still be a law suit between bethesda and interplay
    Tera - yes please, i newer played those mmorpg with kinky half naked asian girls!
    Gorky 21 - gorky 17/18 was awesome awesome game, but i doubt that at least one person on boards.ie ever played it.
    Metro: last light - with stalker gone, this game will cheer me up!
    Jagged alliance: back in action - i was so upset, when they pushed it back to 2012 :(
    SC2 : heart of the swarm
    diablo 3?
    bioshock infinite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

ME:3
    Max Payne 3
    Diablo 3
    GTA 5

CANNOT WAIT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

fallout online - i will be dead and there will still be a law suit between bethesda and interplay

RIP ShadowHearth. :p
    http://kotaku.com/5872535/the-great-fallout-legal-battle-is-over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is Guild Wars 2 not out this year ? :(

Monotype wrote: »

lol awesome. so maybe they will make fallout mmorpg...

but i dont know what is better: dead interplay or souless bethesda...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Looking forward to

ME:3
    Max Payne 3
    GTA V
    Crusader Kings II
    SC2: Heart of the Swarm
    FIFA Street

maybe
    Diablo 3 and DOTA2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The world of darkness MMO released in 2012? GTFO :rolleyes:

they've fired most of the team developing it and then put the rest to work on saving EVE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is Guild Wars 2 not out this year ? :(

Yes it is. There are a few massive titles missing, GW2 and Borderlands 2 being among them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

There already is a fallout MMO. http://fonline2238.blogspot.com/ :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhhh some nice titles on that list =)

Burgo wrote: »
    There already is a fallout MMO. http://fonline2238.blogspot.com/ :pac:

i know about, few russian fellas doing it. havent looked in to it in ages though.

its very hardcore too. no baby sitting there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

diablo 3,masseffect 3,far cry 3,are just 3 games I'm looking forward too........its all about the 3's this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

This year I am mostly looking forward to Catherine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

This is RPS's version. I'm actually becoming quietly optimistic for PC gaming in 2012... til the apocalypse of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Surprised there's been no mention of Microsoft Flight. The game is coming out in Spring and there's a beta soon too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This year I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 and SSX (both in or around March I think), Borderlands 2 (I think might also be Q1, but not sure), Heart of the Swarm will get picked up at some stage and of course, Grand Theft Auto V (I really think Rockstar redeemed themselves with Red Dead Redemption after a less than stellar outing with GTA IV).

I'm going to keep an eye on Max Payne 3, Gettysburg and Diablo 3 and see if they get good press.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Maximilian wrote: »
    Standout games for me are

Arma 3
    Can't wait for this, even though I'm afraid to go near ARMA 2 and never seem to have the time to play it I feel obliged to purchase the ARMA games because it's a really great company and the game is just such great value for money given what you get.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Can't wait for this, even though I'm afraid to go near ARMA 2 and never seem to have the time to play it I feel obliged to purchase the ARMA games because it's a really great company and the game is just such great value for money given what you get.

i though they are making arma3 more main stream now? its going from full on war sim on to war game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looks like I picked the right time to get into this PC gaming business :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

i though they are making arma3 more main stream now? its going from full on war sim on to war game.

I don't think so - it's just a slightly near future setting but I don't think the core gameplay will be changing that dramatically. There would be internet riots comparable to the Middle East otherwise.

Carrier Command (also being made by BI) on the other hand will be more game than sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mechwarrior Online for me. Carrier Command will be an interesting thing to try out I hope. I'd rather pick up ME3 in a bargain of some description, as I said I lost interest to play through ME2.

I'd want to try out the Halo games that have been getting churned out lately, and the Ace Comabt series, but am definitely not doing consoles again. Just dont have the time for them.

Maximilian wrote: »
    I don't think so - it's just a slightly near future setting but I don't think the core gameplay will be changing that dramatically. There would be internet riots comparable to the Middle East otherwise.

Carrier Command (also being made by BI) on the other hand will be more game than sim.

i watched some developers video. and they had demo of it and they said themselfs that they will make it more as a game then sim to get more attention from casual gamers.

i know a few of my friends arma for being a pure sim and they do custom missions with that editor. i dont think they will like casual thing though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

All this talk of Carrier Command is making me want to play Hostile Waters again. Can't seem to find my disc for it and ****ing Interplay got it taken down from GoG. :(

Advertisement