Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games of 2012 - PC Gamer Preview

Options
2»

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

i watched some developers video. and they had demo of it and they said themselfs that they will make it more as a game then sim to get more attention from casual gamers.

i know a few of my friends arma for being a pure sim and they do custom missions with that editor. i dont think they will like casual thing though...

Perhaps but I understand that what they meant was that there will be more effort put into the single player experience which was a bit rubbish in previous games. Hopefully though, they will make the game a bit more user friendly overall. Arma 1/2 both really ended up being a sandbox for multiplayer missions and all the myriad mods. Nobody really bothered with SP, which wasn't very good or accessible anyway. Guess that put a lot of people off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maximilian wrote: »
    Perhaps but I understand that what they meant was that there will be more effort put into the single player experience which was a bit rubbish in previous games. Hopefully though, they will make the game a bit more user friendly overall. Arma 1/2 both really ended up being a sandbox for multiplayer missions and all the myriad mods. Nobody really bothered with SP, which wasn't very good or accessible anyway. Guess that put a lot of people off.

It put me off,I just wanted a good single player campaign but hearing you can make custom missions in the map editor interests,didn't know you could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

i watched some developers video. and they had demo of it and they said themselfs that they will make it more as a game then sim to get more attention from casual gamers.

i know a few of my friends arma for being a pure sim and they do custom missions with that editor. i dont think they will like casual thing though...
    I think they're just planning on making it easier to operate the commands, from what I saw it's just going to be prettier with rag doll. Everything else will more or less be the same. It also sounds like their cutting down on the range of weapons and vehicles to make things a bit more straight forward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its been an epic 2011 and 2012 looks promising for PC.
    But sure isnt pc gaming dying :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Iron Front, god that looks incredible. Too many games there to even begin contemplating which ones which be for me, though.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It put me off,I just wanted a good single player campaign but hearing you can make custom missions in the map editor interests,didn't know you could do that.

The number and quality of mods, missions & maps available for Arma 1/2 are staggering. The editor is quite good I'm told - never bothered to give it a go.

Maximilian wrote: »
    The number and quality of mods, missions & maps available for Arma 1/2 are staggering. The editor is quite good I'm told - never bothered to give it a go.
    I've had a go at it, it's pretty straight forward to set things up but I never got into the triggers to make a real mission. Did try to make a bank heist gone wrong type mission going through one of the towns.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Lots of PC games that interest me this year.

Max Payne 3
    Bioshock Infnite
    Mass Effect 3
    Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Arma 3
    Guild Wars 2
    Dishonored
    Far Cry 3
    Hitman Absolution
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
    Diablo 3
    GTA V (not sure if its getting a PC release yet)
    Aliens Colonial Marines
    Tomb Raider

Azza wrote: »
    GTA V (not sure if its getting a PC release yet)
    In some of the original hype people where saying it would get released on PC at the same time, maybe hopeful thinking but it shows that there's a huge desire for a PC release and I think GTA IV id still selling fairly well on PC isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Diablo and ARMA 3 are what i'm looking forward to mostly. Well, mainly Diablo 3, speaking of which, anyone have any idea on a release date?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

With GTA V I don't think they announced any formats for i yet.

I believe the last few GTA games and Rockstar games in general have been released on console first then maybe over a half a year later its releasesd on PC.

The last 4 GTA's in the main series where released on PC well after the console release. LA Noire and Bully as well.

Red Dead Redemption hasn't got a PC release yet :(

Advertisement