Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV

• 03-01-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

any experiencing problems with Sky TV service lately?
    We are....we get our Sky through a dish so maybe the dish needs adjustment, I dont know.....just thought I would check here first.
    Problems are very poor colour (DVD is fine) and picture sometimes breaking up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ill be ur dish, moved in the winds. Go to settings and check your signal strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

As zuroph said, it'll be the winds causing it. Parents had sky and any time there was a heavy rain or winds the picture started breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

I realise this mighn't be the place to discuss this but seen as i'm from limerick feck it.:p

Does anyone know if you can move either itv/utv from the other channels section into the all channels section in the TV guide?

I know its a stupid question put it really annoys me that you cant see the programme listings for the channels on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I realise this mighn't be the place to discuss this but seen as i'm from limerick feck it.:p

Does anyone know if you can move either itv/utv from the other channels section into the all channels section in the TV guide?

I know its a stupid question put it really annoys me that you cant see the programme listings for the channels on Sky.

there's a thread ongoing on the satellite forum on here, about how to do just that. you need a very specific box, and need to get a card to "trick" the box into moving it onto the listings for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

banjobongo wrote: »
    any experiencing problems with Sky TV service lately?
    We are....we get our Sky through a dish so maybe the dish needs adjustment, I dont know.....just thought I would check here first.
    Problems are very poor colour (DVD is fine) and picture sometimes breaking up.

Mine has been down all day it was acting up before that for a few days id say the wind finaly did it in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mine has been down all day it was acting up before that for a few days id say the wind finaly did it in!

Did you check your dish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Did you check your dish?

Too bad today to get up on the roof! ill let a pro look at it! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Heavy rain showers usually put mine on the blink, strong winds don't normally affect it funnily enough (although last nights winds were probably an exception)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Getting calls all week due to the bad weather, impossible to get onto some roofs due to the dangerious winds out there.

Advertisement