Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poem- Opinions

• 03-01-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

(first effort so go easy)
    Stone’s Throw
    Hollowed out husk floating aimless, flittering through grey and white
    It sublimates, the peace permeates in the aftermath
    Holding back diatribe, tremors disturb the placid surface
    Vainglory to regret, satisfaction to distress, a calculated egress

A humble footnote on a page

For when there’s no lack of caring
    It leads to a fruitless daring
    The appraisal’s never sparing
    Even for a crime considered absurd

A change of heart

I will pave the way
    I will seize the day
    From the ashes of disaster I’ll accomplish a feat so bold
    When the question is asked, the truth will not be told

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭PurpleBee

I'm not really sure if you were writing to fit in complex words at the start and rhyme at the end but it seems to me that the content has suffered as a result.

Vainglory and diatribe are really jarring.

Having said that, as a first effort, its better than anything I've ever done, but as with most first efforts, there's plenty of room for improvement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

PurpleBee wrote: »
    I'm not really sure if you were writing to fit in complex words at the start and rhyme at the end but it seems to me that the content has suffered as a result.

Yeah i kind of thought that would be what most people would think. I will say that every word in the first half was purposefully written some of the words are abstract because they have a personal meaning but in the second half I did try to make it rhyme.

Cheers for the kind words.

Advertisement