Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne - any areas to avoid when looking at apartements?

Options
  • 03-01-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Know someone looking for some information on living in Ashbourne, looking to start renting there from the summer I believe so I said I'd ask on here for them if there's anywhere in Ashbourne to avoid when it comes to apartments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Does anyone even live in Ashbourne? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

draffodx wrote: »

I think you might get a better response if you were to ask for reccomendations of where to live rather than where to avoid.
    People might not want to reply for fear of insulting/offending other users?

I think you might get a better response if you were to ask for reccomendations of where to live rather than where to avoid.
    People might not want to reply for fear of insulting/offending other users?

Good point I'll ask where they're considering and get back to the thread then

Any comments on Killegland Hall welcome, good or bad. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The latest post on that forum is August '10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DORS

he
    Just looking for bit of advice partner from finglas and im from southside tlooking for somewhere to settle with kids going to be working in stillorgan m part time only

any advice on ashbourne please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

I've lived in or around Ashbourne for nearly my whole life. 26 years give or take. Its a great place to live doesn't really matter what part you pick there isn't really what you'd call a bad part but Kilegland Hall is quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

+1 Kilegland hall, well kept, modern, and right in the center of the town close to all the stores, underground parking.

nudger wrote: »
    +1 Kilegland hall, well kept, modern, and right in the center of the town close to all the stores, underground parking.

There's a big field out the back, is there much anti social behavior there at at times?

Also there are reports of dampness in the apartments, has that been sorted do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

There's a big field out the back, is there much anti social behavior there at at times?

Also there are reports of dampness in the apartments, has that been sorted do you know?

Not really any anti social behaviour that I've seen. People used to just use that field as a short cut

None that I'm aware of to both of your points, the apartment I have dealings with over looks Dunnes stores and the only noise comes from the beer garden of the local pub and isn't much.

None that I'm aware of to both of your points, the apartment I have dealings with over looks Dunnes stores and the only noise comes from the beer garden of the local pub and isn't much.

Thanks for all the info.

I heard that there was a burst pipe/leak between apartments that might have caused the damp but not sure but it is in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Yes!! I live there.

I also have a rental apt in Killegland Hall, if you have any questions send me a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I've been living in Ashbourne for over eight years. Great place to live, honestly dont think there is any part of it to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's a nice enough area and the apartments are fine but to be honest, I'd avoid the apartments near Tudor Grove. The smell of the sewage beside there is bloody horrendous. I live in the Tudor Grove area myself and the smell of it walking home down the hill opposite the credit union is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's a nice enough area and the apartments are fine but to be honest, I'd avoid the apartments near Tudor Grove. The smell of the sewage beside there is bloody horrendous. I live in the Tudor Grove area myself and the smell of it walking home down the hill opposite the credit union is awful.

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to have disappeared recently.

Fiona wrote: »
    Yes!! I live there.

I also have a rental apt in Killegland Hall, if you have any questions send me a pm :)

Some idiot set fire to the bins in the underground car park at the back of Booths last night.

Everyone had to leave around 1am, dangerous bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Some idiot set fire to the bins in the underground car park at the back of Booths last night.

Everyone had to leave around 1am, dangerous bastards.

God that's terrible.

• Advertisement

I would have thought that the big gates would have been locked over night.

Booths have had pallet loads of shopping bags stored there for months.

Much damage done?

Don't think so it's a bare concrete car park that would hold about 20 cars but there are bins and skips stored there also.

The stores and restaurant take deliveries in through doors in the car park so there must have been some smoke damage to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seawoman

There is few places where buildings are very close opposite and You can clearly view what Your neighbour wathing in TV...if You value privacy avoid this. In thats kind of building ground, basement floor apartment could be very dark with no sun...

About Ashbourne, This is lovely town.... only what I really miss Is some park with trees ... the great place for nice walking is Balrath Forest or Wood on R153 (n2 turn left on Navan Road, 500m turn left to wood) but it is arround 14km.

Advertisement