Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

offered use of slatted shed

• 03-01-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

i have been offered the use of a slatted shed and was wondering what is the procedure for moving animals of your holding and onto a neighbours do the dept have to be notified first and all that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mallethead

If your neighbour has cattle you must fill in form NBAS 31 B you can download it from the department website. and send it to cork
    you will get permits for your cattle which you have to send back to the cattle movement agency
    your neighbour must enter them into their register and all animals must be in test tb and br . its up to you if you give the cards to your neighbour but , according to the department you have to
    If the cattle are in the same shed as your neighbours you must test tb and br on the way out otherwise its just br
    ( the cattle cannot be sold unless they are transfered back to your herd , if you look in your herd profile in agri food part of dep website you will see the cattle still in your herd but under feedlot)

if they have no cattle you can fill in a from called record 4 and send it to the nitrates division in johnstown castle in wexford
    I think you need to notify your local dvo as to their location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭leoch

no they have no cattle so it would be just mine in the shed or on the farm for that matter, what would the normal charge be is it calculated per head per week or something like that, and i would be using my own silage

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mallethead

it depends on the condition of the shed and size
    i pay a sum for the shed but he keeps the slurry ,its worth a lot especaily to tillage men
    i have creep areas for calves and other sheds if i need them for sick,lame animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭leoch

his shed is a four bay single shed i will only want to bays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

I would imagine around €500 for the shed and you put out the slurry would be around the right figure if its a decent shed

• Advertisement
Advertisement