Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stira or alternative ??

• 03-01-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I did try doing a search on google and on boards but havent really found an ideal solution to this.

Bottom line is I live in a 3 bed semi and need to put a few things in the attic. So obviously thought stire.

Is there a better choice though? Cheaper hopefully? :D

I wont be using it often, just to get rid of some of the junk clogging the box room at the moment , xmas tree etc.. and would hope to get a full attic conversion down the line hence lookin at a cheaper alternative if possible.

I know a builder (family member) so will get him to do the install if there is an alternative and he'll also do the flooring for me.

I've seen from another thread Fakro seem to be one choice but theyre more expensive than I thought they'd be.

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10295&loc=P&catid=101.7.1

Anyway would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Hi guys,

I did try doing a search on google and on boards but havent really found an ideal solution to this.

Bottom line is I live in a 3 bed semi and need to put a few things in the attic. So obviously thought stire.

Is there a better choice though? Cheaper hopefully? :D

I wont be using it often, just to get rid of some of the junk clogging the box room at the moment , xmas tree etc.. and would hope to get a full attic conversion down the line hence lookin at a cheaper alternative if possible.

I know a builder (family member) so will get him to do the install if there is an alternative and he'll also do the flooring for me.

I've seen from another thread Fakro seem to be one choice but theyre more expensive than I thought they'd be.

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10295&loc=P&catid=101.7.1

Anyway would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Go into a normal builder's suppliers. Fakro attic stairs are less than €100 and about €100 should get a good carpenter to fit it for you.
    I have one and I am very pleased with it.
    I saw one in a hardware for €89 a few months ago.

Stira stairs come in at around €450 for the basic model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi guys,

I bought one in brooks just before christmas for 99€ they were on special offer. Size 1200mm x 600mm for Cut roof. If you have trusses it will have to be 1200mmx550mm. Shouldn't be much dearer. Get your mate to fit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi guys,

I bought one in brooks just before christmas for 99€ they were on special offer. Size 1200mm x 600mm for Cut roof. If you have trusses it will have to be 1200mmx550mm. Shouldn't be much dearer. Get your mate to fit it
    NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

"Dolle" are another good brand and should be possible to get one for around the €100 mark.

Advertisement