Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giving old iphone to my wife

• 03-01-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

All,

Quick query.
    I am getting an iphone upgrade from 02 (when phones are back in stock).
    I currently have a 3GS. My wife is also with 02 and has a smartphone plan. When I get my new iphone can she use my old one and just pop in her current sim.

Do I need to adjust any settings on Iphone? Can we backup both phones on the same itunes account as I will be setting up the new phone by using a backup of the current one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

I just did this over christmas:
    Fill out this form:
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730

And pop her sim in and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I just did this over christmas:
    Fill out this form:
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730

And pop her sim in and away you go.

As both are with O2 no need to request unlock code to use it, so swapping SIMs from her existing phone to the 3Gs will work.

But I would recommend you request the unlock code as soon as you get it so it will be unlock for ever in case you want to move provider after contract is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

nava wrote: »
    As both are with O2 no need to request unlock code to use it, so swapping SIMs from her existing phone to the 3Gs will work.

But I would recommend you request the unlock code as soon as you get it so it will be unlock for ever in case you want to move provider after contract is up.

No I had to get mine unlocked for some reason both sims with O2, iTunes wouldn't restore the image without it being unlocked for some reason. Does no harm at any rate for traveling etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Keep the new iPhone till valentines day than give it to her as a present!! ;)
    2 birds one stone!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any idea when stock will be back in? Waiting on upgrade my self.

• Advertisement
Advertisement