Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacup in Brown Thomas!

Options
  • 03-01-2012 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This may sound like a strange request, but here it goes...

If anyone is walking through Brown Thomas homeware section on the top floor, there are a pink (and gold, if I remember correctly) teacup and saucer in the porcelain section. If they are still there, could someone tell me who designed them (and if possible, the price!)

I saw them when I was browsing in a few months ago and won't be in the city for quite a while. I'm hoping to source it online, but cannot remember any details.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi there - are you talking about the Wedgewood set as I bought a blue one with pink flowers and a blue bird with gold rimming around the cup. They had the same in pink, think it was in the €40'ish bracket. But I bought mine when in Edinburgh in the summer and brought it back - as it was so much cheaper than in BT's. So I would say if you're heading to the UK any time this buy it there! (Got to say I luv my set - feel very Downton Abbey/High Tea'ish every time I sip my Early Grey from it). Yes, I need a life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ledgres

Thank you for the replies, but unfortunately it is not one if those! Although, the wedgewood cups are also on my "to buy" list of porcelain :)

These are pink with what I think was a gold pattern around them. I can't for the life of me remember anything else about them.

Are there any other porcelain cups you would recommend? I too love the Jane Austen or Downton Abbey experience if drinking from a dainty teacup!

Hi again Ledgres,

There were mix and match Royal Doulton sets also. So I reckon that's what you're looking for. they were smaller cups than the Wedgewood one I bought -and they were very dainty in various pastel colours, with gold - so try looking up Royal Doulton.

Having said that I noticed that Rachel Allen has designed a really pretty tea set too. And another place you may find pretty little sets or individual tea cups/saucers are the charity shops but there were some cute ones in Ruby and Peacock too (Vintage Shop in Market Parade).

Happy Sipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Judes wrote: »
    Hi again Ledgres,

There were mix and match Royal Doulton sets also. So I reckon that's what you're looking for. they were smaller cups than the Wedgewood one I bought -and they were very dainty in various pastel colours, with gold - so try looking up Royal Doulton.

Having said that I noticed that Rachel Allen has designed a really pretty tea set too. And another place you may find pretty little sets or individual tea cups/saucers are the charity shops but there were some cute ones in Ruby and Peacock too (Vintage Shop in Market Parade).

Happy Sipping!

The way you go on....I thought you were actually working behind your computer screen. Thats the last time I am going to take notice of you when you say you are under pressure.

Also everyone, Judes drinks out of a mug at work ;) imagine that.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah - like I'm going to bring my Wedgewood into the office (do you know how many times I've knocked my mug off my desk ........... my fine bone china wouldn't last 2 seconds in here with me. And sometimes a girl has just got to take a deep breath and tune into Boards to prepare for the day ahead:) KUB - go and do some work yourself!!! I'm going to make myself a MUG of tea.

Advertisement