Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 03-01-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was in the new baby shop in Scotch Hall just before christmas with my sister who is expecting :)

Firstly I have to say the shop is gorgeous, lovely stuff in it and same prices if not cheaper as the bigger baby stores.....

Back on point, although the staff clearly knew what they were talking about, were very nice and very helpful, the girl was pushing my sister into buying an Isofix base for her carseat.
    I have 2 kids and never used a base..didn't even know what isofix was until she explained it to me.
    My question is : Is isofix really safer than using a seat belt or is it just a way for the store to add another 130 quid onto a sale?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

It definitely looks and sounds a lot safer. I have a baby and we just use a regular car seat with a seat belt. The decision is really up to yourself. If it's way over your budget and you cant afford it then dont buy it.

The regular car seats work just fine for us and many other people around the world. If they were not safe to use then they simply wouldnt be on the market.

130 euro just for a base? Gosh that is a lot of money I just wouldnt spend right now. But if you can afford it then go for it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SAHMOM

That was the cheapest base...Baby Elegance, but to be fair its only 100 extra with a deal price they are doing if you get the buggy too. There was another one for 190..maxi cosi.
    Suppose it would be down to how often it would be the car then eh??

SAHMOM wrote: »
    That was the cheapest base...Baby Elegance, but to be fair its only 100 extra with a deal price they are doing if you get the buggy too. There was another one for 190..maxi cosi.
    Suppose it would be down to how often it would be the car then eh??

Then I guess you'd need to ask yourself is it really worth getting a buggy for the asking price and getting a base you dont really need for 100 euro extra? 100 euro is a lot of cash. And businessmen are clever at making you buy crap you dont need.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SAHMOM

Well it is for my sister not me :). It's her first so she is being very anal about getting all the right stuff.
    I just wanted to know if there was an diff regarding safety....but from what you said and from myself just using a belt then I guess answer would be no :)

SAHMOM wrote: »
    Well it is for my sister not me :). It's her first so she is being very anal about getting all the right stuff.
    I just wanted to know if there was an diff regarding safety....but from what you said and from myself just using a belt then I guess answer would be no :)

My Wife was a victim of that too when we had our first born. haha everything has to be right. And it is important to be concerned about safety and I guess it could be said that one can never go overboard when it comes to the safety of our children. Another good idea would be to google it and check out some reviews of the product itself and see what people thought of the Isofix base compared to using just a regular car seat with safety belt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement