Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Forum Meet Up

Options
  • 03-01-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Lets face it, the paranormal community has pretty much ceased to exist in the last few months. Would anyone be interested in a boards.ie paranormal forum meet up and discussion? It will probably be organised in Dublin because thats where I am.

Paranormal Meet & Greet 10 votes

I will attend
    0% 0 votes
    I will say I will attend but I most likely will not show up
    60% 6 votes
    No I will not be attending.
    40% 4 votes

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Can I bring some dead people along? They love the auld paranormal. Yeah. Good idea but hope its better supported than the hellfire gig. What do you intend discussing btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Oryx wrote: »
    Can I bring some dead people along? They love the auld paranormal. Yeah. Good idea but hope its better supported than the hellfire gig. What do you intend discussing btw?

The Hellfire gig? Also known as that time I spent an hour in the rain in a carpark up the mountains at night looking like a lonely swinger?

I dunno what we could talk about. Same thing we all talk about here I guess, just with less flamewars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i'd go if it where in my shed.

I disagree btw that the paranormal community in ireland is any weaker than it was. the 'lets investigate this castle as its a castle and we can pay people money' side has died alright - but thats a damn good thing. the ghost hunting craze has died, but those seriously interested in the paranormal and/or paranormal research as still as active as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 trewq

ok so am HUGE fan of that abandoned ireland site,know any cool places around.....keeping in mind i dont drive, being wrecking my head trying to find the 'Spirit' house in wicklow on the internet, but cant even find the town, i heard its in killaveny, any of ye know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

A nice quiet corner in a quiet city pub on a week night!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I'd be interested, depending on when it is. As I would need to arrange childcare but if I can I'm in.

I do agree with above, the people seriously interested in the paranormal are still as active as ever, it has gone a bit quieter, I think people have finally realised that there is no money to be made. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'm in provided I'm not werkin....

forever alone ... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Riamfada wrote: »
    forever alone ... again.
    Or are you?

I dont know, just meeting one guy from the internet in a bar. Sounds a bit cosy to me. If we can make one more person Id do it.

Alternatively a/s/l???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'd be interested but like the other poster I'd need to know details in advance.

Invite the skeptic forum ? ?

Invite the skeptic forum ? ?

that would be great crack they wouldn't believe us when we tell them the time and venue....

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

what this then...Pub you say...can i go!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

The Hell Fire night time gig would have been great if it had transpired! For the record, even though you guys were meeting in a nearby pub, (The Merry Ploughman?), I headed straight for the HFC carpark expecting a car full or two of folks from this forum to show up!

I propose this venue again for a meet-up, it genuinely is a very scary and foreboding place after dark, in relation to transport & logistics for folks, there is a company that offers a night time ghost tour of the HFC, maybe we should try going on that?!?

The Hell Fire night time gig would have been great if it had transpired! For the record, even though you guys were meeting in a nearby pub, (The Merry Ploughman?), I headed straight for the HFC carpark expecting a car full or two of folks from this forum to show up!

I propose this venue again for a meet-up, it genuinely is a very scary and foreboding place after dark, in relation to transport & logistics for folks, there is a company that offers a night time ghost tour of the HFC, maybe we should try going on that?!?

I think thats a great idea however it may be possible that meeting people from the internet up a dark mountain is what put people off the first time!

I think thats a great idea however it may be possible that meeting people from the internet up a dark mountain is what put people off the first time!

Your dead right there, it wouldn't bother me as I've been up there so many times in sun, rain hail and snow, broad daylight and also in the pitch dark, but I fully understand the apprehension of any person meeting up as part of an unknown group of people, going at something like this!

We should just do the old fashioned meet up in a pub. We could have a paranormal pub quiz !!

We should just do the old fashioned meet up in a pub. We could have a paranormal pub quiz !!

Ah here, a Paranormal meet up should be in somewhere scary! An after dark ghost walk followed by a few scoops, sounds like fun!

Ah here, a Paranormal meet up should be in somewhere scary! An after dark ghost walk followed by a few scoops, sounds like fun!

A few beers and then a walk....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

Greetings:

I have had 2 convincing accounts of paranormal visions from complete sceptics who relayed to me their experiences whilst still not really comprehending what they seen themselves.

One involved the apparition of a lady on an altar in a church in Donegal, seen by 3 people.

The other was the apparation and the speaking with a recently deceased friend.

The apparition said that he was in "trouble" . Details of which the apparition relayed, and turned out to be fact, and were so rectified.

I have seen a floating golden ball of light, with another person, at close quarters, which we couldn't explain.

I live close to Seaforth house that's on the haunted Ireland website. I went to visit there, but I got a bit uneasy. Left pronto.

Typing on iPad so apologies for brevity of post.

Regards

Lets face it, the paranormal community has pretty much ceased to exist in the last few months. Would anyone be interested in a boards.ie paranormal forum meet up and discussion? It will probably be organised in Dublin because thats where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 weeda

Hey! I'm so up for a meet up. I won't be having the pints tho as I'll have to get home. So....Whats happening then??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 coffeeandshoes

Hey I'd come! Can't help but be slightly interested in this type of thing

Advertisement