Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Irish surfers talk like this?

Options
  • 03-01-2012 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Dude!!!!!!! This pizza is BODACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna grab my board and we're gonna have, like, a tubuloso time, man! COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!

- or is that just American ones? That would be cool if they did talk like that...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,498 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Best keep off the weed..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

all the time brah

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Yeah they all do. They all have bleached hair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've never in my life ever heard anyone say bodacious or cowabunga.

Apart from some superhero turtles, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Op sounds sooo pitted man..... soooo pitted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SisterAnn

totally stoked that someone has finally raised this tubular issue brah

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dude!!!!!!! This pizza is BODACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna grab my board and we're gonna have, like, a tubuloso time, man! COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!
    TURTLE POWER!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

I think you'll find any * geek using their own niche terms, whether it's surfers, skydivers, Linux heads, ....

I don't think Irish surfers would go so far as to use your examples, but I'm sure they'd use a few terms that you'd giggle at from outside their circles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

like, totally dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

for sure bro, it's like so totally mellow, anyone seen my board...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Harry the Red

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've never in my life ever heard anyone say bodacious or cowabunga.

Apart from some superhero turtles, that is.

It's ninja turtles! I hate censorship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

stevire wrote: »

I was like totally going to put that clip up brah. That dude is so all time. Stereotypes are most heinous. Whoop-pah!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

dude be careful brah we started out talking like that taking the piss then it became more common and now its normal language. so anyone listening to me wood say defo a kook luckily i am at an age where i dont really give a **** what people think any more. I know im stoked and thats what matters. go big or go home can be used in so many ways brah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Brah, I was expecting you to drop in on this thread! Stay Stoked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

totally brah hoping to head to finland again this eve. nice place. chat u later skater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

The fiachra D4 crew are worse... " I was surfing in fooking cliften last week it was like triple over head fintan - I got absolutely bombed'

Advertisement