Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junk calls

Options
  • 03-01-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I have been receiving these calls for all of 10 years (at a guess on a frequency over the whole 10 year period of more than one a day .)
    When I pick up the phone there is never a person but normally the noise of a (fax?) machine.
    At the time they started I did try to kick up a fuss but really got nowhere.

But now I am starting to wonder whether I should take steps to finish with this problem.

(Is it just me or is it commonplace?)

so i am wondering if Eircom , or Comreg, are likely to be of any help
    Or do I just have to change my number?

By the way are landlines (a) the main cause of this (b) really necessary even if you run a business ?

in case it is a help , one of the numbers is 002132323224 but there are lots of others.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi geordief,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

It's not possible for eircom to block anyone from calling your phoneline, unless we put a general block on all calls to your line.

eircom can request that your phone number is taken of National Marketing Database NMD. However, this is not a guarantee that callers would stop calling you.

One alternative would be to change your phone number completely, and may be quite dramatic. Eitherway, there is no guarantee that callers would stop calling your new phone number.

I did a google search on the phone number you've received a call from and it would appear to be the same problem - when the owner picked up the call it sounded like a fax.

If you would like us to ensure your number is no longer on the NMD, just PM with details of your home phone number.

You can also contact Customer Care - 1901 freefone.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

geordief wrote: »
    I have been receiving these calls for all of 10 years (at a guess on a frequency over the whole 10 year period of more than one a day .)
    When I pick up the phone there is never a person but normally the noise of a (fax?) machine.
    At the time they started I did try to kick up a fuss but really got nowhere.

But now I am starting to wonder whether I should take steps to finish with this problem.

(Is it just me or is it commonplace?)

so i am wondering if Eircom , or Comreg, are likely to be of any help
    Or do I just have to change my number?

By the way are landlines (a) the main cause of this (b) really necessary even if you run a business ?

in case it is a help , one of the numbers is 002132323224 but there are lots of others.

Advertisement