Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Day to Have a Birthday

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Batsy wrote: »
    If I was born on 29th February 1981 rather than 25th July 1981 I would now be 7 years old rather than 30 years old.

You'd also be using a different calendar to the rest of us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I think anytime between Christmas and the new year is a terrible time to have a birthday. If your b'day is just before or on Christmas day then you have a chance that people will remember but after Christmas you get forgotten.
    My BIL's b'day was last week, (no one remembers which day) and he always celebrates his birthday in June instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Your birthday falling on Good Friday wouldn't be much fun with the pubs and clubs closed :(

My 18th was on good friday. First legal drinking night and I couldn't drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

mine is in March and the only reason that it sucks is that I share it with my older Sister and people used to give her cool presents and say 'now you share that with Phasers' :mad:

being an afterthought is not fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Actually just thought it'd be nasty being a twin, not having the day to yourself, although having your birthday around Christmas means no birthday decorations, your birthday cards are also taken down with the Christmas cards

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

January is not all that bad if you go onto Roganstown House Hotels facebook page - they are giving free rooms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Birthdays always seemed somewhat narcissistic to me. I never enjoyed celebrating my own, so thank God it's on Xmas Eve, everyone forgets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thechanger

OneArt wrote: »
    Birthdays always seemed somewhat narcissistic to me. I never enjoyed celebrating my own, so thank God it's on Xmas Eve, everyone forgets!

The worst are the ones in the office that email everyone to go for office drinks. Get some friends you losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

My birthday's on the 12th of Jan, and to be honest its not the best month, because the weathers rubbish you can't do anything in that line. You just got stuff for xmas so you dont need more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

The poor feckers that have theirs February 29th. God love em!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

September First

First day back to school

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

mine was the fourth and everyone is just back to work
    getting bills from christmas and also broke from new years i have to say its a horrid time to have a birthday noone wants to go out spend money or do anything. also the weather is usually sh*t.

ah heres to being another year older

on the upside the january sales usually start the 6th or so.

my OH has his birthday st Stephens day that also sucks poor lad ah we suffer together i think his birthday is worse though. not a hope of doing anything everything is shut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Mines at Easter-used to hate it when I was little because everyone just got me an Easter egg for my birthday and Im only an occasional chocolate eater.
    Also my brothers is the day after mine and we always got a combined party-we had a cake that was a football pitch with a ballet dancer on top once. Didnt really work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Clareman wrote: »
    Just after speaking to a friend of mine, it's his birthday today, he reckons it's the worst day of the year to have as a birthday, he reckons even if it was Christmas day or around then people would be in better form, a few days later and people would be used to being back to work.

I tend to agree with him, everyone is down cause of going back to work/sick of going out/no money left, even if his birthday was yesterday (Bank Holiday) or tomorrow (second day back to work). The other options that I would see as bad would be around the 1st of September (schools going back) although that wouldn't be an issue once you grow older, the 25th of December cause of the dreaded double gift. Anyone any thoughts on the worst day of the year to have as your birthday?

Mines Valentines Day.

Mines Valentines Day.

I know two lads who have their birthday on Valentines day-it's great because theres always a reason to celebrate and you never get any of that depressing single and stuck in doing nothing nonsense :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Azureus wrote: »
    I know two lads who have their birthday on Valentines day-it's great because theres always a reason to celebrate and you never get any of that depressing single and stuck in doing nothing nonsense :D

Its not great if you have a girlfriend and you want to go out with the lads for a session.

Just bring the girlfriend along-if you've the right girlfriend she'll be able to session along with the best of em. I'd rather a night out than a poxy set menu meal surrounded by forcibly loved up couples anyway. :D Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

first monday after new years when everyones back in work, 13th Friday:eek:, christmas day... some people will think "ah jus giv um one present" F**K OFF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Clareman wrote: »
    29th of Feb can be changed to either the 28th or the 1st and you get to have a big deal made out of it every 4 years.
    Having your birthday during exams will only be a pain while your doing exams, once you don't have those anymore May is a nice month to have a birthday.

Isn't the leaving cert in June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My younger sister was born on Christmas Day and my older brother's birthday is the 22nd of this month, both bad times of the year.

I was born on April 9th so it was the right time of year usually when I was younger, my 18th did fall on Good Friday, though. ( didn't mind, I wasn't much of a drinker back then )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

My Gran was buried on my birthday so that wasn't a nice day , right before christmas too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Any day that something negative enough happens which causes people to go "Oh it's your birthday, so it must be so many years since X happened" every birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 creagh22

I was born on April 1st! Lucky me! At 22 my friends still like to prank me! And it's not a common birthday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Well done Creagh

what do you mean? I was being sarcastic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

creagh22 wrote: »
    what do you mean? I was being sarcastic
    nailed it...

You sure were Creagh, fair play to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Joke's on you Dave. :P

yes! It is! somehow each year they manage to get me

creagh22 wrote: »
    yes! It is! somehow each year they manage to get me

They might get you but I don't. At all.

• Advertisement

Joke's on you Dave. :P

It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I'm exactly a week before Christmas. Terrible time, everyone really busy with work Christmas parties, 12 pubs etc to properly celebrate. It's usually shoved in as an after thought to some other event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

27th of December and 10 years later my brother was born the exact same day,one of my childhood presents where 10 euro credit for my new phone I got for Christmas and some where both Christmas and birthday presents, horrible time for birthdays as a kid but not to bad as an adult as you can go out on st Stephens night for a few scoops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Feb 29th. One birthday every 4 years, chances will be you will be on a zimmer frame when you see your 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Having a death day is far worse, I love the way wheel spins and we all have a date which we'll expire on. We don't know when or where, but's it's coming down the line and probably sooner than you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Having a death day is far worse, I love the way wheel spins and we all have a date which we'll expire on. We don't know when or where, but's it's coming down the line and probably sooner than you might think.

This thread had a death day / expiry date of three years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Remember in school, we had this teacher, Mrs Johnson, and it was her birthday on 9/11. Someone came into the room and told her, and she started crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

My birthday is the day after paddy's day. Everyone is dying and doesnt wanna do anything. Although i am too so im happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

December 25th, that's easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

September 31st.

Or a monday.

Just another manic monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

December 27th. Its always forgotten. :’(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

My uncle was born on the first of April.

When he was a kid, one year one of the kids in school gave him a present and told him not to open it til he got home. So he waited and when he got home, he opened it. Nothing in it, just a note that said "April fools". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

21st-31st of the last days of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My birthday falls in June, so it obviously fell during summer holidays from school/college. I somehow managed to not be working for them for different reasons, such as it falling on a weekend, or taking it off (when I did some shift work). Last year was the first ever birthday I worked. At least my colleagues marked it, so it wasn't too depressing being in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Worst days to die.

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Worst days to die.

Very inconsiderate.

I'm trying to enjoy my presents and guilt free boozing time and they have to go and ruin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

deise08 wrote: »
    December 27th. Its always forgotten. :’(

Yes. Same as my GF.

Sorry. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I had my 18th the day I sat English Paper 2 in the LC.. oh lord the memories of an agonizing hand after the exam will never be forgotten. However I was happy with the paper, but never had an 18th party or anything because the whole hype was over by the time the exams were over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

January is an awful time to have a birthday. Everyone's broke after Christmas and I hate that they feel pressured to get me a present even though I try to persuade them not to or to just get something inexpensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Any day in January, people are miserable and are broke after Christmas.

Yes, agreed! My Birthday is the 10th of January, my brothers is the 12th of January. So growing up we always had a shared birthday party and shared presents. And often one "Birthday and Christmas" present...desperate!

Advertisement