Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile and VAT increase

Options
  • 03-01-2012 4:09pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are e mobile passing on the vat increase?

If I have signed a contract for a stated price before the vat increase will that still be my monthly charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Their site would appear to indicate they are passing on the VAT increase.

Unfortunately a change in the VAT rate does not give people an out on their contracts, eMobile are still charging you the same as they did before, the tax man is getting a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

It depends on the wording. If the contract says xx including VAT, then they should not charge. If it says yyy plus VAT, then they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 derekphonic

I imagine that if they state the price includes VAT, then they have to honour that, no matter what the VAT.

Looks to me like emobile have just put up their prices on iPhone plans. Today. :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Vat appears to have been added on - the "€14 a month" billpay plan I am on is now showing at €14.23 which works out right for a 2% Vat increase.

All the other plans too.

The following Emobile staff should clearly be sacked for allowing official price plans of €14.23, €24.40, €39.64 and €49.81 etc etc to be published in a new brochure they have just issued - instead of putting their thinking caps on and coming up with something new:

john - head of non complication

mark - director of simplicity

laura - in charge of thinking ahead

You can laugh at them all over again here:

http://bigmentaldisease.com/badvertising/eircom-emobile-meet-the-team/

Moan - why do Emobile only offer 1 gig of data add-on for bill pay but they offer a 500mb data add-on for prepay? I'm paying a tenner a month extra for a gig of data when I only need half it.

(ps I'm not arguing with Emobile's right to charge the extra VAT - just that it is so small they lost an opportunity to rethink their plans - we all know they ain't going to keep plans at prices like this - from a marketing perspective at the very least - so I forcast new plans in the near future now that I think about it)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The plan I am does not appear to have been changed. I'mm on the unlimited plan

Any one from eMobile want to comment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

godtabh wrote: »
    The plan I am does not appear to have been changed. I'mm on the unlimited plan

Any one from eMobile want to comment?

Hi godtabh

VAT is applied, at the current rate, at the time of billing.Therefore, all items appearing on your bill from 5thJanuary (including those related to the period since your last bill but prior to 1stJanuary 2012) will be subject to the new VAT rate at 23%.
    We appreciate your feedback on this and if you would like to contact us re this issue just mail us at this address customercarecommunications@emobile.ieeMobileVATIncrease
    Hope this answers your query
    Tony

Vat appears to have been added on - the "€14 a month" billpay plan I am on is now showing at €14.23 which works out right for a 2% Vat increase.

All the other plans too.

The following Emobile staff should clearly be sacked for allowing official price plans of €14.23, €24.40, €39.64 and €49.81 etc etc to be published in a new brochure they have just issued - instead of putting their thinking caps on and coming up with something new:

john - head of non complication

mark - director of simplicity

laura - in charge of thinking ahead

You can laugh at them all over again here:

http://bigmentaldisease.com/badvertising/eircom-emobile-meet-the-team/

Moan - why do Emobile only offer 1 gig of data add-on for bill pay but they offer a 500mb data add-on for prepay? I'm paying a tenner a month extra for a gig of data when I only need half it.

(ps I'm not arguing with Emobile's right to charge the extra VAT - just that it is so small they lost an opportunity to rethink their plans - we all know they ain't going to keep plans at prices like this - from a marketing perspective at the very least - so I forcast new plans in the near future now that I think about it)

Thanks for your post on both issues podgeandrodge. I have sent your comments on to our production team. You never know:D
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hi godtabh

VAT is applied, at the current rate, at the time of billing.Therefore, all items appearing on your bill from 5thJanuary (including those related to the period since your last bill but prior to 1stJanuary 2012) will be subject to the new VAT rate at 23%.
    Tony

This is plain wrong. Eircom should not apply the 23% rate to the period accrued in 2011, regardless when it is billed.

In the interest of simplicity, you are overcharging each of your customers by about 1.5%.

gzoladz wrote: »
    This is plain wrong. Eircom should not apply the 23% rate to the period accrued in 2011, regardless when it is billed.

In the interest of simplicity, you are overcharging each of your customers by about 1.5%.

Hi gzoladz
    Yes I agree and we are aware that the new rate of VAT was applied in error to some bills issued at end of December, this will be reimbursed to all customer’s on next bill. If anyone who has ben charged the new VAT rate and is not reimbursed on next bill please let me know here.
    Tony

Advertisement