Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm milk Wexford

Options
  • 03-01-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

Does anyone know of any farmers around wexford who are selling milk directly themselves to customers? I have been looking to source fresh pasteurised milk straight from a farm for a while now with no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

I know some farmers that would give you a bottle of milk, but I'm not broadcasting their names on the internet. As far as I know, farmers are prohibited from selling milk direct to consumers.

Besides, the milk only gets pasteurised after it leaves the farm, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

PM the OP so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Hi

Does anyone know of any farmers around wexford who are selling milk directly themselves to customers? I have been looking to source fresh pasteurised milk straight from a farm for a while now with no luck.

But the OP is looking for fresh pasteurised milk .
    The sale of raw milk for direct human consumption was actually banned in 1996 under hygiene legislation. However, a newer EU directive brought out in 2007 allowed the sale of raw milk once again but it made a provision for individual member states to ban it. That is what the Irish Government looks set to do
    source : http://www.farmersjournal.ie/site/farming-Selling-raw-milk-a-business-opportunity-or-deadly-weapon--13365.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dannycorona

Sorry guys, yeah it is pasteurised milk im looking for, heard recently that a farmer somewhere in wexford is pasteurising milk and bottling in glass pint bottles for sale, (think might be running a delivery door-to-door) just wondering if anybody is using this service, id love to get the old fashioned milk in glass bottles for my family

Advertisement