Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window issue - local PVC Company required

Options
  • 03-01-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I live in Grange Rath and especially recently, I've noticed the drafts coming from the windows, even though they are shut.
    I contacted Ray White regarding BER certs but he explained they wouldn't be what I'm looking for.
    He suggested I have the windows resealed and that a local PVC window/door company could help.
    Does anyone have a contact who won't try and sell me a net set of windows and front door ;)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I have never used him myself, but I spoke to someone who got repair work done by Gerry McEvoy from Dunleer and highly recommended him.

He advertises in the Leader every week, so you can get his number from there.

Could do with a similar job myself - this house is the first I've ever seen with draught excluder on double glazing!!!

(no connection to him, by the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Shouldn't there be some sort of guarantee still with the windows depending on how old the house is?, maybe contact Shannon Homes or Munster Joinery who installed the doors and windows up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

@ gipi - thanks a mill for that - might give him a quick call :)

@ kbell - it was actually Compass Windows who fitted the doors and windows at ours. I have a massive struggle contacting them to replace the front door panel. We're in the house about 8 years now, so any guarantee would be long gone methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Aidan in Superior Windows is also recommended. Think he's in the Dundalk ares.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

i know gerry myself, he also did windows in the parents house.

very sound man and will do a great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can't seem to locate Gerry's contact number in the leader?

Also, can anyone recommend a good and honest plumber?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Here you go, everlast

Gerry McEvoy Windows

086 8339352

I found it at the bottom of page 41 of last week's leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sammy1064

kbell wrote: »
    Shouldn't there be some sort of guarantee still with the windows depending on how old the house is?, maybe contact Shannon Homes or Munster Joinery who installed the doors and windows up there.

Sorry for butting in here but would you know who supplied the kitchens in Grange Rath as I need to replace some doors?? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ifaptwohanded

Any users here know what price you're looking at for a 3 bed semi detached house to get all the windows resealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Sammy1064 wrote: »
    Sorry for butting in here but would you know who supplied the kitchens in Grange Rath as I need to replace some doors?? Thanks

In my place it was McNally Kitchens in Balbriggan, the 2nd M1 southbound exit for Balbriggan, Industrial Estate there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement