Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lump on springer spaniel??

• 03-01-2012 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi i'm after buying a springer spainel pup. Its 13 weeks old and i have her a week. I have noticed a lump on the under side of her body. I'm 100% sure that i wasn't there yesterday. Its located inbetween her two back legs to the left had side of her body when she is standing looking at you. its under the skin and does't apear to hurt her. Its 30mm long and 15mm thick. you can move it a little. Its at the same position as the males dogs tecticals but to one side. Should i be worried? will it go away?
    Don't want to go to the vet and him to say it'll go away and then stick out his hand and ask for a 50 euro!! The dog was expensive so don't want to leave it neglected.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sounds like a Hernia. They arent always serious, but maybe the next time you have her at the vets ask them to take a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Agree with Andrea sounds like a hernia. Do they not have to be removed at some stage? If it's not urgent you could get it removed when/if you neuter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Devil in disguise.

andreac wrote: »
    Sounds like a Hernia. They arent always serious, but maybe the next time you have her at the vets ask them to take a look at it.

10/10!! just back from the vet. Its a hernia. After i wrote the thread i thought to myself i'll ring the vet and he said "come on up". 25 euro and told me i'd be better going to someone that only works with small pets. rang up and priced the opperation. 80 -100 euro. Will they do it straight away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

10/10!! just back from the vet. Its a hernia. After i wrote the thread i thought to myself i'll ring the vet and he said "come on up". 25 euro and told me i'd be better going to someone that only works with small pets. rang up and priced the opperation. 80 -100 euro. Will they do it straight away?

I'd say they should do it straight away yeah. No real reason why they shouldn't really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

andreac wrote: »

Do you plan on getting her neutered? If so ask them could it wait until then? That way only one operation is needed (less stress on the dog recovering from only one operation) and it'l be overall cheaper. That's only if it'l do no further harm leaving it for an extra month or two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement