Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand River Tactics

Options
  • 03-01-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

KEY CODE FOR ALL MAPS

GREEN DOTS = ARTIE'S
    YELLOW DOTS = GERMAN HEAVIES
    ORANGE DOTS = MEDIUMS
    RED DOTS = IS7
    BLUE DOTS = TD'S AND T30
    key to any plan and all plans are we use our strengths and the clock were needed, if need be spotting can be the key so don't be afraid to spot enemies and let the arty wipe them out.
    SAND BASE #1 (south attack)

0bca6.jpg

starting positions
    3 German heavies take up defensive positions, one at mosque at H5, one in cleft at C9

(don't mind if spotted on route as it will help confuse) and one close to entrance of

base roughly G8
    2 mediums rush to dune at d7 they can leave one by each exit
    4 Artie's, with 2 on the K line one up at C0 and the other in base, (these will be

tier 8 Artie's, although toying with idea of using fast firing tier 6 for counter arty)
    our attack force of IS7's will push south towards dune at j2/3. up the one line

towards enemy base.
    scenario changers
    if they are attacking full out from the north against our mediums, i want the is7 to

continue on with possibly one returning towards town/base to replace the e100 there

whom will relocate into base to help create a killing field in-front of the northern

town. one arty will stay with the is7 most likely the one in C0 and others will focus

north until the threat is dealt with.
    if they bum rush down road with their main force the is7 force and the e100 with

help of the e100 in base will catch the,m between them again 3 Artie's will help them

out ans one will focus north to help the meds and heavy there, if successful with

annihilating their south force carry on with usual attack and also if during the

south fight we free up our north force the mediums will be sent after the arty and the

heavy depending on condition will move towards the other entrance.
    SAND BASE #1 (north attack)

6cbb2.jpg

starting positions
    4 German heavies take up defensive positions as usual, one at entrance of base at G8,

2 by the mosque at H5 and one guarding arty at the K line roughly K8
    2 mediums or 1 medium and 1 IS7 go to the dune at D7
    the attack force of IS7's leave by the rear exit and push north, with initial arty

coverage they push up and across road (don't stop but with assistance of dune force

kill opposing north force), the attack force again will have assistance form arty all

time at least one focusing ahead of them, if all goes well when they reach B4/5, the

medium will attack the other entrance if viable if not he will catapult around them to

get among arty and cause havoc. the Is7 from the dune force will be instructed to

either plug hole left side of dune at D7 or attack the same entrance as the medium if viable.
    in an ideal world with all going well three of four e100 will then move north 2 along

road and one out wide to granter no one slipped by the other remaining in base just

in case.
    scenario changers
    same as last time, if they attack us head on up north all Artie's will help wipe out,

as this is where our main strength will be i don't envisage much trouble just

concentrate fire and take no prisoners.but if they do that one e100 will move to

dune at j2/3 and two at mosque can move up road but carefully attack their defence

and throw them into disarray, but only when instructed too.
    if they attack south i want the is7 force to continue on along their route with an

arty covering them, once they are through and the medium and is7 at dune are freed up

the medium attacks the base throuighE3, the is7 moves to ridge at F/G5 and helps the

defence against their south attack. The two Artie's along K line will relocate to base

or outside base at E9/0 and the e100 in base will assist the the three outside the

base from a defensive position in base around J9.
    SAND BASE #2 (north attack)

b116c.jpg

three German heavies in defense, one at D2, and 2 at E1 all three can be able to reposition according to threat they are facing or if called into Ataturk one will relocate to E3 guarding that road one will go down road and one through the dunes, the directions could change as the leader instructs.
    three Artie's will go to the A line when they can safely move and position themselves roughly in square 3 and 4. main objectives for them this time are:
    (i) kill opposing arty
    (ii)clear the northern ridge of the opponents base of defense, when they are spotted.
    (iii)assist the German heavies in defence of base as required only two will be doing this as one needs to be focused on the attack at all times.
    the IS7 attack force will leave by the rear exit again and move en masse towards the road at roughly C6/7 (don't attack individually). As a group they will attack towards the entrance at E0, if they are facing too stiff a defence their objective i to get to the town and get into safe spotting positions for our arty to weaken and kill the defences enough for us to continue the attack.

i an ideal world all will be going well and our mediums will attack the entrance at F/G8 they will be arty hunters but this will also throw off their defence because as the enter the base there at that point they will leave the base at H8 to attack the Artie's on the K line at K8/9
    if needed they could also be used to harry and notice i said harry not attack the south force thus helping out our defence of our own base. The battle commander at the time can call this as he needs.
    scenario changers will be same as before and assistance will b e the same as in used in all attacks.
    SAND BASE #2 (south attack)

79c13.jpg

three Artie's and these will more likely be objects 261, will be located 2 at A3/4 and one north if base, they might need to be relocated depending on the danger they are in.
    two mediums will go to the dune roughly at D6they will be backed up by a heavy, if one medium gets to the dune and the other gets to the road at B8(he could leave by the rear exit to achieve this) and the heavy back in the dunes hiding about B4 this would be ideal.
    three Germain heavies will be used one in base defense at roughly D2 and two going offensive at the mosque.
    the attack force of IS7's will then head via G1 to J1, our e1oo at the mosque and Russian Artie's can weaken the enemies at the opposing dune side then the is7 attack enmasse along the j/k line concentrating fire, if we can sneak a medium in the top entrance at the back of their base when they are busy with this south force that will be called by the battle leader.
    scenario changers
    are always similar on this map, if they come out the south to attack two Artie's will help decimate them and another will try and set the mediums free up south.
    now if they bum rush north, i want the Artie's to relocate to G/H1
    i want two Is7 to peel off and return to G/H1 and the 2 e100 to push on down road with the Is7 and continue the attack, you will be without arty backup until they relocate but what we can do is instead of having three up north one can move to G1 straight away to make sure an arty is always in play. The north force if they are bum rushed are to do best they can in delaying them and the e1oo in base is to cover the Artie's while they relocate and do so himself.

SAND RIVER DEFENCE FOR WHEN NOT IF WE WIN LOL

20a78.jpg

6 E100 will take up defensive potions, one at K8/9, two at C9 and three in town south of base, possibly use the mosque and keep moving don't forget an arty likes a sitting target so no complacence.
    three arty one in C0, one at K9 and one in base. remember movement is key as we don't need the arty to be countered.
    two td or t30 or a mixture will be guarding the northern ridge
    four mobile defenders in the shape of IS7 will be held back in base an d sent to fill in where needed.
    The basic idea of this defence is to create two killing fields infromnt of each town, the three arty will be divided with C0 concentrating south. K9 concentrating north and base arty countering their arty, they will and can be asked to concentrate elsewhere but this is the commanders discretion.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Great work Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

LOL thanks, but it was bruffio that wrote it up, mind u i will take the credit if u want as the last liverpool tactic Meeaaahhhhhhh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Excellent work lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KalleTank

Cool...lets make it happend... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Diotoir

sorry ive got a black and white screen which ones are the enemy ... only kidden well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KalleTank

Think we got a little panic in the Final but the other games we played exellent...
    Still think if we start south north dunes are the weak spot...as they are if we start north....strategic c7

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

As said last night, since the fog of war has come in, a T-50-2 would be very handy if starting in Base 1 and going up the D7 dune straight away giving us a major advantage if they're going north or not or even what tanks do they have. we might be 1 tier10 down but giving arty something to shoot from the start might make up for that, like what happened to me and bruf in our second battle when we both died instantly before even getting to the D-7 dune coming from base 2. (i know they had a fcuk load of arty but still).

Edit: Just noticed they disabled fog of war till they fix it so pls ignore me :P

Advertisement