Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Boards to Oz???

Options
  • 03-01-2012 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Wondering who would ship boards for me to oz.I know the obvious ones such as FEDEX and UPS but from what ive experienced before they will be ridiculously expensive but gonna price em tomorrow.
    GLS dont ship to OZ.

AFAIK An Post wont ship anything over 6ft and although my boards are small,my travel bag comes to about 7'

Thats all i can think of really and google doesnt give any results really.

I know i could just get a new board over there but with over a grands worth of boards and fins id rather have my own ones there as ill be there indefinitely.
    Not bringing them with me as im stopping in thailand for a while and not carrying a big board bag with me.

If anyone has any info it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i've brought boards down before on flights to oz but never shipped. saw some boards there i'd have liked to have brought back but shipping costs were crazy as you say.

if it's about a grands worth of boards i'd sell them here and buy down there. boards are generally less expensive and the selection is mind blowing compared to ireland. sell them cheap here and you'll still get good replacements boards down there.

by the time you pay to get them shipped and risk damage to them en route which i don't think the courrier would be liable for if it's anything like the airlines (u sign a waiver) it's not really worth it. it's unlikely the boards would arrive fullt intact no matter how you work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

I shipped from OZ to Ireland by boat, took a while but I was in no hurry.

I used discountfreight.com arrived perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RayJ

I used discountfreight.com a few years ago to ship a bike back to Ireland from Brisbane. It took about 3 months but it depends on how full the container is. For example, if your item is the first into the container you've to wait until it fills up. If it's last item, it sails the next day.

I'm back living in Australia again now so would be keen to know who else you find who will ship and costs.

Seven Seas are another company that used to advertise in the backpacker magazines.
    Ray

Advertisement