Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from airsoft adverts

Options
  • 03-01-2012 6:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I was recently banned from airsoft adverts by thermo regarding the sale of a glock 17 and 2 mags.i orignally traded a sight for the gun and was told it had hop up issues but fired up to 25 feet and that only one mag had a slight leak i then sold the gun to another user and told him all the info i had about the pistol that i got off the first user as i had not used the pistol at all i took the info i was provided with to be the truth.i was then banned for dishonest behaveiour by thermo i think this is unfair as i was lied to by the first user who i got it off i would like this looked into

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hangedhitman

has this been left to slip through the cracks or is something being done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Both sports Cmods are having problems with broadband at the moment. I'm looking at this now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hangedhitman

Sparks wrote: »
    Both sports Cmods are having problems with broadband at the moment. I'm looking at this now.
    dont know whether your looking into this still but it seems to me that ive been made to sit this one out or that it has simpely slipped through the cracks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Looks like you were banned previously earlier in the year.

This could be a misunderstanding from the mod, or they may believe you did in fact set out to mislead.

thermo, can you give your comment on this ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Actually, I've been reading back through the relevant threads to this (there's more than the OP cited) and talking to the mods involved. I have to uphold the ban, because there's sufficient evidence that hangedhitman knew of issues with the pistol and didn't clearly indicate them:
    make is army armerment
    no known issues with the glock or mags
    asking price is 120
    mags not leaky and the hop up rubbers grand
    There then followed a lot of changes in the story as to the condition of the pistol:
    Im getting it replaced the hop is a little worn and a bit out of place thats all as i have said it still works
    Still works not like its completely broke
    and so on in this vein.
    Based on that, I can't see justification to overturn the ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ban upheld on Cmod decision; resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement