Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3, 2 ps3s one modem...

Options
  • 03-01-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Trying to play battlefied 3 with my roomate on an eircom modem. Can't go into the same game together. Anyone know a way around this or what the problem is? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You probably both have the same IP address and the servers will not allow two players with the same IP address into a game. Maybe others here can help but all I can see as an option is to use two seperate connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Its got nothing to do with the same ip its more to do with how your router handles traffic. in our house we've 4 xboxes capable of running online games at the same time and at least 2 playing BF3 online.

We had a lot of problems running 2 xboxs on the older router usually resulting in connection drops and NAT issues so we bought a router capable of running multiple xboxes

As to what make or model(I'm not in the house atm) i'm not sure they're not cheap at ~€100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Pick up a switch, they usually are given away for free on adverts.ie now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shnackbox

Thanks guys, got it figured out. Just went into my modem settings and put the ip passthrough onto my phone which stopped wifi to my phone but let the two ps3s connect. Anyways thanks for the replys.

Advertisement