Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile: cost of data roaming and personal hotspot

Options
  • 03-01-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have 3 questions

Do emobile currently charge for use of the personal hotspot on my iphone? i'm on select 300 with 2GB of data.

Also, how much is data roaming in germany? i'm going there this weekend, and may need to use it.

Finally, what network do emobile recommend i used for voice and text while i'm there?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

http://roaming.emobile.ie/billpay/de.html

€1.01 a Megabyte!!! I'd be very careful.

are you sure roaming is on before you go ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi, i have 3 questions

Do emobile currently charge for use of the personal hotspot on my iphone? i'm on select 300 with 2GB of data.

Also, how much is data roaming in germany? i'm going there this weekend, and may need to use it.

Finally, what network do emobile recommend i used for voice and text while i'm there?

thanks.

Hi 120_Minutes
    Hi provided you stay within the 2Gb of data there will be no charge. However you should be careful here as it is easy to go over this allowance. If you want to check your bal;ance text BALANCE to 50104.

Spongebob is correct ( as usual) and this charge for data roaming in Germany is €1.01.
    You can see our full list of roaming charges here.
    Hope this helps
    Tony

The eMobile website is probably the best and clearest of all the mobile operator websites. Compliments to the designers and maintainers are in order.

Tony inadvertently left out a link to all of the eMobile roaming charges which is

http://roaming.emobile.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Thanks guys I just got roaming enabled this week. Wont be using data though!

• Advertisement

In case some background app kicks off I normally change the Data APN to some meaningless cack in the airport before I switch off. Or turn data off but it can auto switch itself back on sometimes. :(

Somewhere on your phone in settings ( data or connections or data bearers ) is a reference to data.eircom.ie

change that to anything, eg &*%$ while you are gone and there should be no roaming charges for data. It does not affect your separate ability to tether yourself to wireless while abroad but you must also turn off the hotspot so that wifi connections can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Good tip Sponge Bob!

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

edanto wrote: »
    Good tip Sponge Bob!

Hi,

If you are afraid of connecting to the internet while roaming a data bar can be placed on your account which blocks you from connecting to the internet. Just send me a PM with your mobile and pin and I will be able process this. You will still be able connect to the internet via wifi with this bar in place.

Tony

Advertisement